TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Creating playlist for USB with FLAC?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Soundchasr, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

I'm planning to put my library of FLACs on a USB stick. Anyone have tips on the best way and programs to create playlists that the Model S will recognize and play? I'm not using iTunes....

Thanks!

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Several threads on this subject -- do some searches as I'm not sure if you are a PC or Mac kinda person. Different keywords to use: FLAC, USB, Media Player.

If you are using a Mac, take a look at a free OSX app called Tesla Tunes which has a number of features to deal with deficiencies in Media Player USB support. It works with or without iTunes. Other threads will provide PC context and tools Windows folk are using, but if useful, THIS PAGE on my personal website may get you going rather than culling through many other threads -- my context is Mac+iTunes, but it has most of the known USB issues and some of the workarounds with folder structures, etc may still point you in the right direction so you don't have to go through as much trial and tribulation as many of us have.

Good luck!

3. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

Thanks. I'm running a PC. Will do some searching..