Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creative ideas for door ding protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have reserved parking in a garage where the spots are really tight. The guy in the spot next to me has a Taycan and so I’m not worried that he’s going to be careless, but accidents can and do happen.

I think I already know the answer, but is anyone aware of a simple door protection solution that isn’t hideous, silly, or permanent?

The best really is the 1/2" clear tape, you take an alcohol impregnated paper towel and prepare the door, apply to edge and fold over. I just replaced mine after more than five years. The rear door when kids were little required the thick plastic ones with silicone, that was a PITA to remove.

Reactions: rubyred
The best really is the 1/2" clear tape, you take an alcohol impregnated paper towel and prepare the door, apply to edge and fold over. I just replaced mine after more than five years. The rear door when kids were little required the thick plastic ones with silicone, that was a PITA to remove.
That’s a great idea, thanks! Although I’m trying to solve the opposite problem - other doors hitting my door panels. Short of gluing a piece of trim along the doors, I don’t really know of a good solution for that.