TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Creative ideas on how to get out of Pasadena tonight

Discussion in 'California' started by HHHH, Aug 8, 2014.

1. HHHH

HHHH Member

As I posted earlier, I'll be attending the Eminem / Rihanna concert tonight with my wife, who has to get back to Vegas tonight after the concert. My goal is to find the fastest route out of the immediate area to catch the freeway heading towards Barstow.

I spoke to a friend who attended the concert last night and he said the concert while amazing, was not worth it because of the traffic in itself. He said that it was by far the worst traffic he has ever experienced. This coming from an LA native scares me a little.

I'm planning to park roughly 10 miles away and let the car charge while we attend the concert (thanks to some generous TMC members!), I'll uber it to the venue at the Rose Bowl, but leaving the area will prove to be tricky. My friend said that lots of people ubered it last night and they were stuck waiting in the traffic for hours.

I'm thinking if we walk a ways a way from the venue, perhaps we'll have better luck catching an uber more towards our car. The thought of a bicycle, segway, or moped has crossed my mind too, although probably not practical.

Regardless, I wanted to reach out to all of you who might have experience with this, or at least some creative ideas on how best to get out of there FAST.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Helicopter

4. HHHH

HHHH Member

Know of any?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the route info. My main issue is finding out how to leave the venue and get to that 210E freeway the fastest.

5. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Fold up bikes in the car to get to/from the venue to/from your parking spot.

6. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

Complain of chest pain.

Ambulance to the hospital. Park your car there prior to the concert.

7. Lump

Lump Active Member

Traffic in & out of the bowl is pretty bad, even if you arrange an Uber pick up it would be pretty good hike since the surrounding streets are closed for residents only...rollerblades?

8. HHHH

HHHH Member

#8 HHHH, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    I thought about this. The charger is about 7.5 miles away. I don't know the terrain and that's quite a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Might not be a bad idea.

I love how everyone responds to quickly to whatever the topic may be. It's very refreshing how helpful everyone is in every way. Love this community.