Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit bureau used for Tesla financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can concur. Sometimes only one is needed. It really depends on who gets your app and accepts/does the pull first. I got a hard pull on 2 of the 3. I think it is cause they send one app at a time or something and go down the list. Or, just all of the banks only pulled from the same 2. I have no way of knowing. But, I find it interesting hard pulls do not show up for all of the banks, so I wonder if they go down the list and stop when someone approves you.

just FYI, they work with multiple lenders and you don't have the option of selecting a specific lender on the Tesla application, so you don't know which specific bureau the lender selected for you will use. I temporarily unfroze all three credit bureaus for a few days just prior to applying for credit and everything worked fine. I ended up with JPMC. I really like the direct sales model Tesla has. I always dreaded working with the financing department of every single dealership I worked with in the past, such an easy and transparent process with Tesla, no games, no slimy finance people to deal with.

Reactions: SFLKiting
I can tell you nobody pulls Trans Union for anything unless you’re getting a mortgage lol. I originally got US Bank through Tesla and they pulled Equifax. I asked them to switch to Chase for me and they pulled Equifax only also. I also got an approval from Bank of America so I colid get a rate match through Tesla and they pulled Experian.

Last edited:
I can tell you nobody pulls Trans Union for anything unless you’re getting a mortgage lol. I originally got US Bank through Tesla and they pulled Equifax. I asked them to switch to Chase for me and they pulled Equifax only also. I also got an approval from Bank of America so I colid get a rate match through Tesla and they pulled Experian.
Navy Federal just pulled Trans Union for my auto loan and not the others bureaus.

Navy Federal just pulled Trans Union for my auto loan and not the others bureaus.

Yeah, navy federal pulled trans union for my recent model Y purchase too. I only know because of the disclosure they mail you after the application. For me, Trans Union has always been the lowest of my 3 scores. It doesnt matter much to me because all of them are over 800, but my trans union is like 809, and the other two this month are 830-840.

Navy federal isnt "Tesla" though, which is what this thread was originally asking. For credit freeze purposes, its best to temporarily unlock all 3 right before you apply, for a few days.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Yeah, navy federal pulled trans union for my recent model Y purchase too. I only know because of the disclosure they mail you after the application. For me, Trans Union has always been the lowest of my 3 scores. It doesnt matter much to me because all of them are over 800, but my trans union is like 809, and the other two this month are 830-840.

Navy federal isnt "Tesla" though, which is what this thread was originally asking. For credit freeze purposes, its best to temporarily unlock all 3 right before you apply, for a few days.
I know it’s not tesla. I was responding to the remark that said nobody uses trans union unless it’s a mortgage.