Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit card charged twice for same SC session

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My credit cards were charged twice for the same charging session. On Friday night there was a world wide American Express issue that caused all transactions to fail. I had just completed a super charging session and my car warned me I would be blocked from future supercharging if I didn't pay. So, I removed my Amex card and added another one and paid. Later that night when Amex restored their systems, the Amex charge went through too.

I can't find anywhere on the Tesla app or website to actually contact someone about this issue. Anyone have any ideas otherwise I'll just dispute charge?

Thanks

interesting. assume you're seeing 2x at Tesla SSO - Sign In

If you were 2x charged and it's been less than 3 days, yeah, i wouldn't necessarily expect a refund yet. Seems like pace of commerce for refunds is like 5-7 days in general. (Not a Tesla issue: I booked parking via website before realizing I would be better of using the company's app. Submitted a refund request; still outstanding at 5 days. Same with a recent airline ticket-- took 6 or 7 days before refund showed up on my credit card account.)

Back to your issue, I did contact my sales advisor to get Supercharging credit. That's one option. Or open a service request "other" thru the mobile app if you have not seen a credit after say 7-10 days. Post back so we know the outcome. Good luck

interesting. assume you're seeing 2x at Tesla SSO - Sign In

If you were 2x charged and it's been less than 3 days, yeah, i wouldn't necessarily expect a refund yet. Seems like pace of commerce for refunds is like 5-7 days in general. (Not a Tesla issue: I booked parking via website before realizing I would be better of using the company's app. Submitted a refund request; still outstanding at 5 days. Same with a recent airline ticket-- took 6 or 7 days before refund showed up on my credit card account.)

Back to your issue, I did contact my sales advisor to get Supercharging credit. That's one option. Or open a service request "other" thru the mobile app if you have not seen a credit after say 7-10 days. Post back so we know the outcome. Good luck
What's strange is on my Tesla account, this transaction shows only once yet it is the only SC session without a downloadable invoice. I don't think I'm going to be automatically refunded unless I can actually reach out to Tesla, which seems to be impossible.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 1.16.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 1.16.32 PM.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 86
It is a Tesla issue in this case, I was charged on two different credit cards for the same transaction.

OK, not just an Tesla issue, this happens at other places. The issue is in the clearing system.

The fact that you apparently changed to a 2nd card will certainly complicate the issue. You really should not have done that right away, unless you needed to do so in order to complete that charging transaction. I would give it a couple fo days to see if it resolves by itself.

OK, not just an Tesla issue, this happens at other places. The issue is in the clearing system.

The fact that you apparently changed to a 2nd card will certainly complicate the issue. You really should not have done that right away, unless you needed to do so in order to complete that charging transaction. I would give it a couple fo days to see if it resolves by itself.
I had to change the card right away, was in the middle of a trip in rural upstate NY with limited charging opportunities in the cold, wind and mountainy terrain and my car was telling me I would be unable to SC until payment. Since Tesla provides no way for me to contact them about this, I've disputed 1 of the 2 charges and have backup documentation.

Reactions: ATPMSD
Neither card company can see both charges, so it's not going to look like a duplicate to either of them. And it can't just "resolve itself", because the customer needs to actually make a decision of which card they want to use as the "real" transaction and which one they want to get removed as the "extra" transaction. So this almost certainly will need Tesla's involvement as the only company that can see both of them in order to reverse whichever one you want removed.

Reactions: Pricedm
I think your best bet will be to log onto your Tesla account, then select "Charging" than "Payment History." Perhaps this will give you want you need for the credit card companies. If Tesla charged you twice then you will of course need to contact them. I would try selecting "Menu" then "Support" on the main account page.

Good luck!

Reactions: Pricedm