TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Credit Card for Downpayment?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Carlos Danger, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Member

Tesla allows the initial $2500 deposit to order your car to be put down using a credit card.

Will they allow the remaining 10% I am not financing to be put on a credit card also?

2. msvoyager

msvoyager Member

Hi Carlos, great to see another Chicagoan here about to order. Aside from the $2500 down payment, the max Tesla allowed me to use the credit card was the the doc/delivery fee.
    Best, Mick

3. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Member

Thanks msvoyager

Another reason I asked is because on my Tesla status page it shows the downpayment amount with a button to make a payment. I didn't click on the button but it sure looks like I can use my credit card.

4. msvoyager

msvoyager Member

you should have received a final invoice of what/if you still owe at delivery after financing (if you use that).
    I am pretty sure that if you plan to pay all in cash, they wont let you pay something like 90k with a credit card.

5. hmmm

hmmm Member

No. No airline miles/soup for you!

• Funny x 1
  6. SnakeDoctorTD

SnakeDoctorTD Member

I believe I was only allowed to enter in banking info to draw from an account. No CC option.

7. Snobun

Snobun Member

The merchant pays a fee to the cc company for accepting that form of payment. I think it is 3%? They only allowed the $2500 with a cc. Nothing else for me.

8. THXULTRA

THXULTRA Member

I was able to put the order on my credit card but anything on the day of signing I had to use a check or eft. Nice to see another Chicago Tesla owner joining!!!