Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently looking at financing options and wanted to compare rates from different credit unions around the country. Would you be able to recommend any CU's that don't have a restriction on location?
DCU.org (Massachusetts)

No restriction on location, lots of experience financing new Teslas. I got 1.24% for 65 months last March.
Though now its 3.24%.

Everence CU. I just got 1.49%, they’re up to 1.99% now
Hello myopic_MrB
Can you share your experience with Everence CU. Were you able to do all of it online? Did you take membership ahead of time? How quickly was the loan processed etc etc. I expect my delivery in next couple of months and am analyzing the options and what I should do ahead of time for financing.
Thanks

Hello myopic_MrB
Can you share your experience with Everence CU. Were you able to do all of it online? Did you take membership ahead of time? How quickly was the loan processed etc etc. I expect my delivery in next couple of months and am analyzing the options and what I should do ahead of time for financing.
Thanks
I want to give it a try as well but all those faith based requirements are kind of scaring me haha. Things are right at the doorstep for me and delivery, so I might just try to refi through everence after I'm done with everything. I don't want to mess up anything right now.

I hear you. I have some time still. Who are you going with and what rates are you getting?
I went ahead and applied for Everence right now and was approved for 1.99%. We'll see if they need anything else from me. I didn't even have to submit anything about membership. If they can get everything processed then I will probably go with them, but if not I'll refinance with them after I get my delivery taken care of

Reactions: maverick82
Hello myopic_MrB
Thanks
Hey there! Most of it was done online. A few wet ink signatures needed but you can just print, sign, and email back. They’ll set up your membership as part of the loan if you go forward with it, so no need to do it in advance. Refi was done in just a couple days, the finance for my MYP is approved and ready and waiting for delivery (they don’t wire money to Tesla until the day before you pick up)

Reactions: Maxdriver
I want to give it a try as well but all those faith based requirements are kind of scaring me haha. Things are right at the doorstep for me and delivery, so I might just try to refi through everence after I'm done with everything. I don't want to mess up anything right now.
Haha I know right! But don’t worry, you only need to meet ONE of the required criteria to be a member 😏

Hey there! Most of it was done online. A few wet ink signatures needed but you can just print, sign, and email back. They’ll set up your membership as part of the loan if you go forward with it, so no need to do it in advance. Refi was done in just a couple days, the finance for my MYP is approved and ready and waiting for delivery (they don’t wire money to Tesla until the day before you pick up)
what are the qualification for membership?

Sweet, did you have to take any religious oaths or anything or was it pure financial transaction?
For the MYP(new loan) when did you start your loan process(like after your VIN got assigned or after your delivery window got narrowed down to a specific window etc)?

what are the qualification for membership?

Requirements for Membership​

To be eligible for membership with Everence Federal Credit Union, one of the following must apply.

1. I (or an immediate family member) am an existing Everence member and/or product owner.

2. I am a member or attender of a Mennonite or Anabaptist church.

3. I work for an employer, volunteer in missions or service, reside in a retirement community, or study at an institution that is Mennonite or Anabaptist affiliated.

4. I share values consistent with the Anabaptist understanding of Christian stewardship (Psalm 24 -all I am and all I have are from God) and, in response to God’s generosity, practice stewardship of all my resources.

I went ahead and applied for Everence right now and was approved for 1.99%. We'll see if they need anything else from me. I didn't even have to submit anything about membership. If they can get everything processed then I will probably go with them, but if not I'll refinance with them after I get my delivery taken care of
Is the 1.99% inclusive of the 0.5% EV discount that they have?

Sweet, did you have to take any religious oaths or anything or was it pure financial transaction?
For the MYP(new loan) when did you start your loan process(like after your VIN got assigned or after your delivery window got narrowed down to a specific window etc)?
Nope, just need to “tick the box” on the membership app that you meet the eligibility requirements

I did it as soon as I got my VIN (I assume everybody is refreshing their Tesla order page hourly… because naturally that speeds up the process 😏)

But… I still have only an estimated delivery date, so fingers crossed!

Reactions: maverick82