Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called in after not getting any paperwork for about 24 hours re: my new account applications.
The woman on the phone apologized, someone had a death in the family, and another on vacation - so they're a little backlogged.
That seemed to have done the trick though, got my application finalized. Set up my online account and just applied for the loan.

My delivery date is the 17th... heh a little nervous...
I applied 9 days ago. Still nothing. Called once, they didn't have an update. Which number did you call?

I booked a car from inventory> got msg today to schedule delivery apt, so it eppears I will not be able to get loan from USSCU in this short span? Are the rates same for refinance? thinking of going with Tesla loan and change it in a month or so? Please suggest

I booked a car from inventory> got msg today to schedule delivery apt, so it eppears I will not be able to get loan from USSCU in this short span? Are the rates same for refinance? thinking of going with Tesla loan and change it in a month or so? Please suggest
No idea on refinance, but you can always ask your SA to hold the car for a week or so while you gather your finances. Sometimes ussfcu is quick. I think they were just really behind last week.

Anyone know if you can get a loan in one owner’s name from USSFCU even if the car will be co-titled? It took a week+ to get a membership and account established for myself and only after I called. I’d rather not have to go through the process of getting another member set up and then doing a joint loan app.

I called in after not getting any paperwork for about 24 hours re: my new account applications.
The woman on the phone apologized, someone had a death in the family, and another on vacation - so they're a little backlogged.
That seemed to have done the trick though, got my application finalized. Set up my online account and just applied for the loan.

My delivery date is the 17th... heh a little nervous...

Phew, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I called in this afternoon, and fortunately I was approved about an hour before calling.. USSFCU needs now, the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - which you need to get from Tesla. Well apparently I didn't get that because I didn't fill out the financing info on the App. But I didn't fill it out because I wasn't sure the financing was a sure thing yet!
Well, now that it's a sure thing - I filled it out. Some 10 minutes later, the MVPA showed up, and I just submitted that to USSFCU. Additionally, I was able to pay my portion of the down payment through the Tesla app using Plaid - so no nervousness on wiring money to the wrong account.
Oh, and Insurance wouldn't take my money until they get a lienholder on some paperwork, so the loan was the big piece here. Yikes a lot of moving pieces to get done by Wednesday!
But. Approved for 3.74% - so that's good!

great w
Phew, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I called in this afternoon, and fortunately I was approved about an hour before calling.. USSFCU needs now, the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - which you need to get from Tesla. Well apparently I didn't get that because I didn't fill out the financing info on the App. But I didn't fill it out because I wasn't sure the financing was a sure thing yet!
Well, now that it's a sure thing - I filled it out. Some 10 minutes later, the MVPA showed up, and I just submitted that to USSFCU. Additionally, I was able to pay my portion of the down payment through the Tesla app using Plaid - so no nervousness on wiring money to the wrong account.
Oh, and Insurance wouldn't take my money until they get a lienholder on some paperwork, so the loan was the big piece here. Yikes a lot of moving pieces to get done by Wednesday!
But. Approved for 3.74% - so that's good!
great when did you apply? I am in the same boat delivery date 19th applied for the loan Friday not sure if thats enough time

Want to share my loan application process for anyone who may want to know what to expect.
Applied 5/8-> approved with the loan $ 5/10. No email or phone received. I uploaded my purchase agreement with the final price last night. There was no one contacted me in the meantime. Called this morning, and the person verified the documents and gave me a rate of 4.74%, which is pretty good!! He told me to call or email them at least one day before the pick-up day so they can send the check to Tesla via next day, for which they will charge $30.
I would suggest you call vs. email on your portal to save you time.
Hope it helps.

Reactions: tampaboyt
Want to share my loan application process for anyone who may want to know what to expect.
Applied 5/8-> approved with the loan $ 5/10. No email or phone received. I uploaded my purchase agreement with the final price last night. There was no one contacted me in the meantime. Called this morning, and the person verified the documents and gave me a rate of 4.74%, which is pretty good!! He told me to call or email them at least one day before the pick-up day so they can send the check to Tesla via next day, for which they will charge $30.
I would suggest you call vs. email on your portal to save you time.
Hope it helps.
(added emphasis mine)

Just checking, did you mean 3.74% (as that's the 60mo. rate still listed on their website)?