Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my membership is approved and they r working on my loan application(hopefully by tomorrow) They mentioned they will send me a check and I need to give it to Tesla during pick up, is this how it works?
I had them FedEx Overnight ($30 charge) directly to Tesla (they have 3rd Party Payment instructions on the app/reservation). Memo line includes the person on the Reservation, along with the Reservation Number.
A photo copy/scan, and the tracking info - is supposed to be enough to satisfy Tesla that the money is en route.
I'm not sure if the Tesla store accepts physical payments.

Took a little over 2 weeks to get the initial USSFCU account open and finally done today but still need to apply for a loan. Conveniently they've also jumped rates about 0.75% today (4.49%@60 and 4.99%@72). Still better than Tesla financing but no longer amazing.

Is this still the best out there or anyone else found another option?

Took a little over 2 weeks to get the initial USSFCU account open and finally done today but still need to apply for a loan. Conveniently they've also jumped rates about 0.75% today (4.49%@60 and 4.99%@72). Still better than Tesla financing but no longer amazing.

Is this still the best out there or anyone else found another option?
I applied for and got approved for a loan last Friday, but I haven’t received any communications from them. I just was able to check my status online. I also don’t have my VIN yet, so I’m not sure if my Friday approval comes with the lower rate of 3.74% at 60 months or not.

Don’t know of any better options except maybe Campbell FCU. Supposedly you can qualify with a ACC membership like USSFCU but NJ chapter in this case. They have 3.99 for 60 months, but I haven’t really heard about anyone’s experience with this CU.

I applied for and got approved for a loan last Friday, but I haven’t received any communications from them. I just was able to check my status online. I also don’t have my VIN yet, so I’m not sure if my Friday approval comes with the lower rate of 3.74% at 60 months or not.

Don’t know of any better options except maybe Campbell FCU. Supposedly you can qualify with a ACC membership like USSFCU but NJ chapter in this case. They have 3.99 for 60 months, but I haven’t really heard about anyone’s experience with this CU.
I just called Campbell CU. Even with that ACC membership, you need to live in NJ, PA or DE. Otherwise, you don't qualify, I was told.

USSFCU rate increase is a bummer. I had declared in my membership application that I am going to take an auto loan. There was no movement on the membership application for a week even after 3 follow ups, and they approved it suddenly today. It looks like they were holding off until the rate increase came into effect.

I could not apply earlier since the loan itself is valid for 60 days and I had to time it with the projected delivery date.

Still, this rate seems to be at least 1 percent lower than the best rate I could find from any other lender.

Reactions: flixden
USSFCU rate increase is a bummer. I had declared in my membership application that I am going to take an auto loan. There was no movement on the membership application for a week even after 3 follow ups, and they approved it suddenly today. It looks like they were holding off until the rate increase came into effect.

I could not apply earlier since the loan itself is valid for 60 days and I had to time it with the projected delivery date.

Still, this rate seems to be at least 1 percent lower than the best rate I could find from any other lender.
Yes, it's still lower than anything else I can find out there.
Their loan approval is valid for 60 days? Where did you find that?
Can you apply for the loan before they have approved the account?

BTW: use promo code BONUS in the application to get a few hundred bucks back (up to $500), depending on which of the requirements you can / want to fulfill. That may ease the hit of the increased interest rate, a little bit. :)

Yes, it's still lower than anything else I can find out there.
Their loan approval is valid for 60 days? Where did you find that?
Can you apply for the loan before they have approved the account?

BTW: use promo code BONUS in the application to get a few hundred bucks back (up to $500), depending on which of the requirements you can / want to fulfill. That may ease the hit of the increased interest rate, a little bit. :)
I spoke with their lending department to confirm the 60 days period.

Is the BONUS code for the loan application?

I applied for a membership on 5/16 for USSFCU and it is still pending despite all my calls to try to expedite. I should have applied much earlier when I ordered the car! They are inundated with applications and this is taking longer than usual.

I received my VIN 5/19 and I have to take delivery 5/25 otherwise my car will be on a hold. I checked this morning and membership is still pending.
However, I called the loan officer this AM from USSFCU and he said I should finance through Tesla and then once my membership is approved, they will honor the rate before the rate change on 5/22 and I can refinance!

I applied for a membership on 5/16 for USSFCU and it is still pending despite all my calls to try to expedite. I should have applied much earlier when I ordered the car! They are inundated with applications and this is taking longer than usual.

I received my VIN 5/19 and I have to take delivery 5/25 otherwise my car will be on a hold. I checked this morning and membership is still pending.
However, I called the loan officer this AM from USSFCU and he said I should finance through Tesla and then once my membership is approved, they will honor the rate before the rate change on 5/22 and I can refinance!
Sounds like you applied for the loan before the membership was approved. Is that correct?