Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried overnighting a check for the loan balance from your bank to Tesla? Just got a call from Everence stating that Tesla allows buyers to overnight a check, and they can release the vehicle just by receiving the tracking number for the shipment. Their wire department is really backed up, so this might be a quicker option, but it seemed a little odd to me that Tesla would be willing to release with just the tracking number for the check.

I reached out to Tesla but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone tried overnighting a check for the loan balance from your bank to Tesla? Just got a call from Everence stating that Tesla allows buyers to overnight a check, and they can release the vehicle just by receiving the tracking number for the shipment. Their wire department is really backed up, so this might be a quicker option, but it seemed a little odd to me that Tesla would be willing to release with just the tracking number for the check.

I reached out to Tesla but haven't heard back yet.
Tesla is willing to release a vehicle with just a picture of a check.. not surprising that they'd accept tracking numbers as well.

Guys, please keep sharing experience with ECFU. I’m finding difficult to get hold of executives. May be they are overwhelmed now. Also finding hard to resolve issues with mobile app for transfer. Hopefully the funding process goes smooth.

I posted a new thread but figured I'd post it here to. Refinancing with Everence but doing so before I even got plates or the 1st payment has been made. There shouldn't be any issues with having to pay tax again or paying tax on the full amount of the vehicle instead of the sales price minus the trade in? I've never refinanced this quickly before so just want to make sure there are no issues.

Looking at the Eligibility requirements it seems I wouldn't qualify as a non christian individual. I've never heard of this type of requirement before!
Can someone who has an account through eccu.org give me their name so that I can list them as a cousin to sign up for eccu.org?
Soooo… you’ll lie about your family but won’t lie about your beliefs? Well, I guess you have to draw the line somewhere! 😏

How did you answer that you qualified for membership?

“Members of the North Carolina Consumers Council are also eligible to join our credit union.”

For the consumer council…

“All prospective members must pay a membership fee and should have an interest in consumer education and protection in North Carolina. So long as these requirements are met, anyone may join. There are no additional requirements, including age and residency.“

I forget how much that was, but fairly certain it was under $100 for a one year membership or something. That’s all you need.

Reactions: highertech
Looks like I missed the boat on the 1.99% Everence rate.

Is there a consensus about the current "best" option? I'm seeing eccu.org (AdelFi), Nusenda, and Carolina Cooperative Credit Union as options. Has anyone used any of these? (besides Everence).

M3RWD / Black / Black / Aero / No FSD / OD: 4/15/2022/ EDD: 8/27/2022-9/10/2022