Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started loan process w/ Adelfi and Tower on 12/22.
Today 12/29 @ 2pm Tower notified us the application has been sent to underwriting for review. Review process will take another 7-10 days.
Today 12/29 @ 4:30pm from Adelfi: Your loan has funded and funds have been wired to the dealer. Congrats on your new car and have a blessed day.
Tower is slower than slow!

Today 12/29 @ 2pm Tower notified us the application has been sent to underwriting for review. Review process will take another 7-10 days.
Today 12/29 @ 4:30pm from Adelfi: Your loan has funded and funds have been wired to the dealer. Congrats on your new car and have a blessed day.
Yeah Adelfi is the way to go if you want to get your $7500 back.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Definitely! i financed a used 2020 model 3 with AdelFi. Im so grateful to find this info here since december! They are extremely fast, insta approved after I applied (Received a call 5 min later to confirm information). Just submitted proof of insurance, ID and the purchase vehicle order (note that I got mine from a Hyundai Dealership-Not tesla), same process, after they received the info, sent me the auto-loan docs and wired the money 2 days later.

So with the price drop of model Y, I am interested in purchasing the model Y. called my local credit union and their rates are in the high 5%.
which credit union do you guys recommend that has the lowest interest rate for 72/84 month loan and is easy to deal with.

TIA

Tower says they require membership? Can non-member apply if they are not part of the organization?

You can donate $35 to the TowerCares foundation to become eligible to join. That's what I did. My refinance from 5.34% Tesla to 2.99% is conditionally approved, but current on a hold since the loan agent is waiting for it to hit my credit history to confirm. I bought the car 2 weeks ago so...

Reactions: Pricedm and acpd
You can donate $35 to the TowerCares foundation to become eligible to join. That's what I did. My refinance from 5.34% Tesla to 2.99% is conditionally approved, but current on a hold since the loan agent is waiting for it to hit my credit history to confirm. I bought the car 2 weeks ago so...
Do they allow that after approval you or is that needs to be done before?

Reactions: YW555
It's been almost 10 years since I had an auto loan. Should I apply for the loan at the time of order, does the rate lock until it delivers a few months later?

I'd just start the application now and get a conditional approval first based on how much you're wanting to borrow. You can get an estimate of the cost of the vehicle through tesla's check out page. You're allowed to borrow up to 125% of the vehicle's value so if you wanna include your tax/registration cost added in, you can as long as you meet their credit score, credit history, and debt to income ratio.

Once you have the loan conditionally approved, then you can put in the order and send whatever documents that the credit union needs (probably invoice, vin, etc.). Once you do that, they'll set up the payment with the Tesla SC.

Reactions: YW555