Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd just start the application now and get a conditional approval first based on how much you're wanting to borrow. You can get an estimate of the cost of the vehicle through tesla's check out page. You're allowed to borrow up to 125% of the vehicle's value so if you wanna include your tax/registration cost added in, you can as long as you meet their credit score, credit history, and debt to income ratio.

Once you have the loan conditionally approved, then you can put in the order and send whatever documents that the credit union needs (probably invoice, vin, etc.). Once you do that, they'll set up the payment with the Tesla SC.
I didn’t know borrowing more than 100% was possible. Do most credit unions allow this?

MY credit union approved me for 72 months at 5% (Drops to 4.75% because i have direct deposit / auto pay), it will allow me to finance 100% of the car and put all taxes and fees into the loan. I have used this same type of loan multiple times for other cards.

Navy Federal Credit Union.

After you donate, how do you create an account/apply for the loan? I tried doing the online app for banking and got an error, I then tried the loan online app and it doesn’t let me proceed because I couldn’t select one of the 3 eligible groups (donation isn’t possible to select).

Did you apply online? How long did it take for the whole process? Can you help PM the loan officer number? I am trying to get a loan and get the car by Friday if possible. Thanks.
We applied online. We were unsure about the donation timing. Was no direct number. Called main number, got connected to a loan officer, asked about the donation timing, got our answer.

So how do you shop around?
Applied at DCU since I am already a member. Got an automatic pre-approval for the whole amount at over 6% apr. Got hit -2pts on credit report.
I see Tower offers 2.24%. If I apply with them, will they do a hard pull on the credit as well?

So how do you shop around?
Applied at DCU since I am already a member. Got an automatic pre-approval for the whole amount at over 6% apr. Got hit -2pts on credit report.
I see Tower offers 2.24%. If I apply with them, will they do a hard pull on the credit as well?
Typically if you're going to shop rates you need to rapid fire requests so all quotes are treated as only "one" impact to your credit score. I think this is typically all within a 7 day period but chime in if someone knows definitively.

After you donate, how do you create an account/apply for the loan? I tried doing the online app for banking and got an error, I then tried the loan online app and it doesn’t let me proceed because I couldn’t select one of the 3 eligible groups (donation isn’t possible to select).
Select the second option and in the drop down find "TowerCares Foundation".

Tower bank said the whole process until closure could take upto 20 days. Is this you with people who already took loan at Tower FCU
They are SUPER slow. I took my loan w/ Adelfi and will probably look to refi w/ Tower.
Started both banks apps the same night. Loan was funded by adelfi and sent to Tesla before Tower got back to me saying expect decision in 5-7 business days.