Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creep Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took possession of my Tesla Model S Long Range. Have had the Model S since the signature series in 2012.
Upgraded again in 2016. This is a gamechanger. Car feels new on every level. UI. Handling. Even the performance is awesome. My car was P90D w/ ludicrous mode.
This feels as fast if not faster. Just a better drive.

One thing I am missing is creep mode. I believe it's avail on the 3 and Y. Why can't the new S have it? I can't stand the car idling without inching up. Am I missing the setting?

Just took possession of my Tesla Model S Long Range. Have had the Model S since the signature series in 2012.
Upgraded again in 2016. This is a gamechanger. Car feels new on every level. UI. Handling. Even the performance is awesome. My car was P90D w/ ludicrous mode.

One thing I am missing is creep mode. I believe it's avail on the 3 and Y. Why can't the new S have it? I can't stand the car idling without inching up. Am I missing the setting?
I am no expert on this. I am still waiting for delivery on my long range Model S. But, my recent notes indicate that i read in one or two places on this forum that the refreshed Model S does not have the creep function. I'll miss it, but i think i can adjust. On the other hand, maybe if enough new owners request a creep option then possibly Tesla will add it.

Upvote 0
Yes I can’t see it on mine either. I don’t think it’s a current option on the S, as the ‘driving’ tab is not on the screen at all and that’s where it was on my M3.
I also can’t find the padlock icon on screen to lock and unlock the doors from the inside ?

Upvote 0
I am no expert on this. I am still waiting for delivery on my long range Model S. But, my recent notes indicate that i read in one or two places on this forum that the refreshed Model S does not have the creep function. I'll miss it, but i think i can adjust. On the other hand, maybe if enough new owners request a creep option then possibly Tesla will add it.
I send elon funny twitter messages daily asking for creep mode to return. Here's one of my most recent tweets..... "Save garage walls with the return of creep mode in Model S". lol

Upvote 0

I just get my better half to jump out the car and push it forward ... :)

• Funny
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Upvote 0
I second that. I LOVE the creep forward option on my MS. I know it’s just something I’m used to from driving ICE growing up, but I can’t think of a strong reason why not to have it as a driving style option for an EV. (Maybe something to do with safety? That’s my answer to everything these days.) Ha
Only reason I can think of is to save the energy (increase the range?).

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Upvote 0
I second that. I LOVE the creep forward option on my MS. I know it’s just something I’m used to from driving ICE growing up, but I can’t think of a strong reason why not to have it as a driving style option for an EV. (Maybe something to do with safety? That’s my answer to everything these days.) Ha
Just for fun, try Hold mode for a week .. it will seem weird and "wrong" at first, and you will think "urg horrid". But I'll bet you wont think that after a week.

Upvote 0
I just picked up my new Plaid and was really disappointed with the lack of creep mode. It’s so necessary in the stop and start crazy LA driving I do. PLEASE Elon, bring back the Creep!
Not sure I get that .. so in creep mode, you keep your foot in the brake pedal all the time, letting your foot up to creep forward before you press it do stop again. In regen mode, you keep your foot off the accelerator pedal all the time, then press to creep forward before you release to slow down again. Sounds pretty much the same to me except you can relax you foot when you are stopped in regen mode.

Upvote 0