Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creep ON or OFF?

Creep ON or OFF?

• Creep ON

Votes: 152 34.8%
  • Creep OFF

Votes: 277 63.4%
  • I have no idea what you're talking about! What is this Creep Stuff all about?

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Wax on"...."Creep off"

LOL! +1!

- - - Updated - - -

My car has it off.
My wife's has it on.
Just got back from a 1200 mile road trip in her car.
Still keeping it off in my car.
She commutes with very congested traffic and claims it is easier for those situations.
I'll never commute with traffic, its against my nature...

As I'm not an owner yet, I THINK you can save each setting to your driver profile and have it on for her and off for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Turned it ON for my first week of ownership back in March 2013 since I was coming from an automatic transmission ICE but was chastised roundly here on the forums for doing so. I turned it OFF and it hasn't been ON since.

Love it mknox! Good for you!

I really wish creep was a driver profile setting. My wife wants it on, I hate it... So, it's typically on. I'm too forgetful to switch it off and back on when I'm done with the car :smile:

I have the same "problem," but with a solution that works much more to my advantage: creep is off in my car, and my wife never wants to drive it. ;-)

(But in all seriousness, I do wish creep could be a driver profile setting.)

When I took my test drive, the car had creep off and regen low. I liked how the car drove, and was surprised that it handled quite like a normal car (something I hadn't expected).

When I took delivery of my own car, it had creep on and regen normal. I got used to it quickly, and have never wanted to change the settings. Because the car has really precise low-speed control, and no lurching, the combo actually makes it a lot easier for me to handle the car in tight spaces and congested traffic.

I'd like to be able to keep creep off, but the car will never roll in the opposite direction. For example, if you're in drive, it won't ever roll backwards (even on a small hill at a red light). Or, if you're in reverse, you won't roll forward.

I've had situations where I was in a tight parking spot close to a wall or a curb on a small grade. If I go into R with creep off, the car has started to roll forward the instant I release the brake. Yes, it rolls slowly, but I've had to hold down the brake and give a little power (prompting the "both pedals pushed" warning). I don't like the idea of being in reverse and the car can still roll forward.

I'd love an optional "Creep Lock" that prevents rolling in the opposite direction. Like a more robust hill assist. Am I missing why anyone would ever want to slowly roll in the opposite direction than the one they've selected?

Mark, I've used the fact that I can roll forward in reverse, or roll backwards in drive when adjusting my parking on slopes (with lots of room). That said, I like that idea as a user-configurable option. I would probably use it as my current complaint is that hill hold doesn't engage 100% of the time.

I didn't think I'd like it ON, but I appreciate it's operation and it's turned on. I also like the 'creep mode' in that it indicates the direction selected. Sure, I could turn it off, but I like it. The tiny amount of power usage isn't a factor at all, IMHO. It also makes the MS respond in a similar way with auto transmission equipped ICE cars; unexpected situations can bring about unexpected complications. The uninitiated who are expecting typical creep and don't see it, might press down hard on the accelerator pedal, expecting an ICE response, but instead, experiencing the acceleration capabilities of all MS's.

Scotty

I have the same "problem," but with a solution that works much more to my advantage: creep is off in my car, and my wife never wants to drive it. ;-)

(But in all seriousness, I do wish creep could be a driver profile setting.)
I have it off, and really like it that way. My spouse is a manual transmission fan (remember those? They were used back in the dark ages when Mrs. jbc and I were younger) and hates creep with automatic transmission ice cars. We did have an automatically shifted manual gearbox (ours in an Italian vehicle) that also did not creep. We both liked that, although the vehicle in question was the ultimate anti-tesla, I suppose. Anyway, we both hate creep! Good that the option is there for those who want it, I agree, especially ones who also have an ice car with a conventional automatic.