Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creep, Roll and Hold

drewr82

Dec 25, 2020
Denver
Break HOLD is not the same as the Creep / Roll / Hold option being asked about in the OP. Your '16 does not have the feature being asked about.

No kidding. Re-read the quote to which part of his statement that I am referencing. How else do I paint this for you in order to comprehend?

Two separate things are being addressed. A handful are talking about the different features offered up by the Model 3 that the OP mentioned; creep, roll, hold.

Myself and a couple others are talking about the OP’s part of his statement that if he lets go of the brake pedal the car moves. Our posts are in regard to this, and only this. Our cars will hold (H) after releasing the brake. We know it’s not the same as the Model 3.

brunla

MS-LR / MSM / Black / Arachnid / FSD
Dec 22, 2020
Los Angeles
Yes the ability to adjust the strength of the regen was removed from the Raven builds at the time the one-pedal driving (regen to hold) feature was added.

I have yet to receive my MS, however I had one for a test drive. There were several times it came out of FSD and because of regenerative breaking immediately slowed down almost to a stop before I pressed on the gas. People in back of me almost slammed into me. It's really a shame you cannot turn off the regenerative breaking as needed. Can be dangerous.

domodan

Jul 15, 2020
UT, United States
I have yet to receive my MS, however I had one for a test drive. There were several times it came out of FSD and because of regenerative breaking immediately slowed down almost to a stop before I pressed on the gas. People in back of me almost slammed into me. It's really a shame you cannot turn off the regenerative breaking as needed. Can be dangerous.
You just need to take 10 seconds and learn how to drive the car. It’s not hard, but it is different.

swt2c

Jan 31, 2021
USA

You can set the regenerative braking to 'Low' in the settings, but not turn it off.

The car will turn on the brake lights when aggressively regenerative braking.

Ohmster

Lunatic @ Large
Supporting Member
Sep 6, 2017
Mars Suborbital
I was not aware the 3 (and presumably the Y) had this feature: Creep/Roll/Hold. Will be nice to have in the ‘21 Refresh S’s. I do appreciate the brake hold we have now.

• Informative
Reactions: Snerruc

Art VandeIay

Attractive Membrane
Jun 12, 2016
Elon’s left eyebrow
I was not aware the 3 (and presumably the Y) had this feature: Creep/Roll/Hold. Will be nice to have in the ‘21 Refresh S’s. I do appreciate the brake hold we have now.

As mentioned earlier, ALL Model S and Model X (Ravens) built from May 2019 onwards have the Creep/Roll/Hold setting, as they all have the Permanent Magnet Motor from the 3/Y on the front.

brunla

MS-LR / MSM / Black / Arachnid / FSD
Dec 22, 2020
Los Angeles
You can set the regenerative braking to 'Low' in the settings, but not turn it off.

The car will turn on the brake lights when aggressively regenerative braking.

You actually cannot change regenerate braking anymore. At least on the 2020 MS. I even asked the sales associate.

Sbaimo

12/15 LR black/white 21” no FSD delivered 6/30
Jan 26, 2021
Hancock Park Los Angeles
You actually cannot change regenerate braking anymore. At least on the 2020 MS. I even asked the sales associate.

when I test drove the 2021 S in December the SA spoke to me about the regen braking. We decided to change it to low and that is how I test drove it. No reason to think it will no longer be available unless you have some inside info

Ohmster

Lunatic @ Large
Supporting Member
Sep 6, 2017
Mars Suborbital
when I test drove the 2021 S in December the SA spoke to me about the regen braking. We decided to change it to low and that is how I test drove it. No reason to think it will no longer be available unless you have some inside info

Inside info=Software Update.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC