Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

creep, roll, hold. What is your fav setting?

what is your fav setting

• creep

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • roll

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • hold

Votes: 173 83.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always use use "hold", but I wish there were a hybrid mode to help in parking/backing out of the garage, etc.

For example, "hold" works as is. But if you put your foot on the brake after the car has stopped, it will slowly begin to roll by itself like "creep" as you let off the brake pedal.

The accelerator can be very touchy sometimes if you are only trying to move a few inches, that's why I sometimes miss the traditional method from all my past ICE cars (at the least the ones that didn't have a manual transmission).

I always use use "hold", but I wish there were a hybrid mode to help in parking/backing out of the garage, etc.

For example, "hold" works as is. But if you put your foot on the brake after the car has stopped, it will slowly begin to roll by itself like "creep" as you let off the brake pedal.

The accelerator can be very touchy sometimes if you are only trying to move a few inches, that's why I sometimes miss the traditional method from all my past ICE cars (at the least the ones that didn't have a manual transmission).

I thought that would be an issue prior to getting my car, but I have had no issue applying a little bit of pressure to move inches at a time. I use standard, but maybe you could try chill to help with that.

Same as rothgarr.

Hold for general driving. Roll for going very slowly like going down steep slopes, where I prefer to let gravity pull the car and modulate speed with brakes. The auto brake-hold engages too quickly if using throttle.

Hold FTW. Let’s not recreate bad behavior from ICE engines.

In fact, the opposite trend seems to be increasingly popular - ICE vehicles are now coming with “automatic vehicle hold” features that hold the brake for you.

Mercedes had brake hold long before Tesla was around, they just rarely get credit for their innovation.

Reactions: holmgang
Hold doesn’t engage until you come to a complete stop, if it’s doing something else, you might want to get it checked out.

Fred
Whatever the mechanism, the vehicle comes to immediate stop when you release the Accel, from a slow crawl speed. Crawl up or down a steep slopes and you'll see. Point is in these situations I prefer to ride and feather the brakes as it provides a better modulation (more range of pedal travel and pressure/resistance)