Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CRITICAL Need - Using Xbox controller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a wireless Xbox controller to use while playing the arcade games.
I plugged in the batteries and pressed power. The logo starts blinking.
I went to Tesla screen and pressed bluetooth and said search for new device.
I pressed the tiny button on the controller to also connect and the controller logo started blinking rapidly.
So far all this is, as expected.
But the connection is never completed and I can't use the controller for the games (yet).
Anyone have any suggestions?
I am desperate for my arcade fix.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: kevin1 and JavTPY
I don't think wireless controllers work. I think they have to be wired USB. There are some exceptions like a controller with a wireless dongle but pairing just a Bluetooth wireless controller by itself doesn't work.

I might be wrong but I'm interested in finding out what works too before a long road trip.

I remember seeing someone on YT talk about this. Found the link this morning.

Turns out I'm missing a part. They mentioned a Magic NS controller.
This car is getting more expensive every moment. New toy piece here, new toy piece there.
I love my baby car so much, I just want it to have everything!

• Funny
Reactions: beezy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079B5KHWQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A23UIGZV9N9N9N&psc=1

61s4aY19JiL._AC_AA180_.jpg

Bought the Magic NS controller. Received it today. Plugged it into a USB slot. Once it sync'd to the wireless controller, I was up and driving a beach buggy. Works great for that game. Very enjoyable. Sadly, it didn't work so well on a few other games I tried. Lunar lander only 2 buttons worked. Couldn't rotate the craft. Asteroids, Missile command same thing. Not the functionality I was hoping for. Have not tried the other games.

Bought the Magic NS controller. Received it today. Plugged it into a USB slot. Once it sync'd to the wireless controller, I was up and driving a beach buggy. Works great for that game. Very enjoyable. Sadly, it didn't work so well on a few other games I tried. Lunar lander only 2 buttons worked. Couldn't rotate the craft. Asteroids, Missile command same thing. Not the functionality I was hoping for. Have not tried the other games.

Well, that’s disappointing to hear!! I was going to order one when I get my MY. Oh well, I guess wired it is??

I have not been able to get the magic NS to connect to my xbox one s controllers. Is there any update on getting them to work, did they work last year based on youtube videos but wondering if it was with a different firmware? not working with 1.32. Prefer to to wire it in...