Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Border Credit Card Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My husband and I have just moved to the UK from Canada a week ago and have bought a Tesla. Our credit cards are still linked to our Canadian address, though, and we haven't got UK replacements.

So, when we tried to add our Canadian cards to the wallet in the Telsa app, I guess it realized we were in the UK and wouldn't accept the Canadian postal code to set the cards up. I've tried doing this on Tesla's website, so this isn't just an issue with the app. While we wait to get UK cards, does anyone know how to get the app to accept a cross border postal code or possibly to accept a different payment method than a credit card?

I dont have any feedback on how to get the website to do what you want, but my suggestion would be to see if you can buy a pre paid visa / mastercard and set that up in your account. That should give you time to get all that sorted out.

I dont know about the UK (or Canada), but in the US, you can buy pre paid Visa / Mastercard at many locations, like grocery stores, etc. Consider getting one with some amount that works for you on there, like 100-150 Pounds or something, then work on getting your credit cards changed over by your CC company.

Reactions: GtiMart
Upvote 0