Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Country Rally to TMC Connect 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds good to me.

In 2013, there was an adhoc-ish Tesla shuttle service to pick up people at the airport. Assuming they are "Connect folk", it might be fun to shuttle people to bonnie's (first) rather than directly to their hotel(s).

Do you want folks to register in some way or just show up with some food/drink item?

I'm not near the venue - people will need to plan to stay in a hotel nearby (or feel free to put up a tent :) ). I'll put together a list of hotels in the next few weeks.

No need to formally register, I'll probably ask one of you to keep a running list of who is coming and task another one of you with giving out the map (won't be posting it online). I have some thoughts regarding the food/drink, so stay tuned.

And in answer to gg's question, why yes, I do have a giant hot tub.

so that would give us plenty of time for a trip cross country.

i figure we could meet at the Newark DE SC on Saturday Morning the 12th. This would give us 4 1/2 days to get to Bonnie's.

5 1/2 days!

As soon as I emerge from the planning depths of what is @TeslaRoadTrip 2014, I'll start a new official planning thread for the cross country drive to TMC Connect!

Aaron

5 1/2 days!

As soon as I emerge from the planning depths of what is @TeslaRoadTrip 2014, I'll start a new official planning thread for the cross country drive to TMC Connect!

Aaron

Great! My OCD PM side is starting to get anxious about planning things so the St. Louis members can meet up and join with you along the way. Of course adding to this is the uncertainty of whether or not any of the Super chargers will be ready between St. Louis and Denver.

- - - Updated - - -

You are free to try to catch a wild turkey or two as they make their rounds in the morning.

Please not to early in the morning though. Some of us like to sleep in.

TMC Connect - Cross Country Drive planning

Hi All!

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 is now done! As many of you have probably heard/saw, it was an amazing weekend - we had a blast!

Now it's time to start the planning process for the Cross Country Drive with others joining in along the way!

Since we now have a website we've set up for @TeslaRoadTrip ( http://teslaroadtrip.org ), I suggest we use that as a central place to post detailed information about the trek across the country. We can continue to discuss things here and then I can have information posted to the website. I'd also love it if people would start emailing our main email address: [email protected] if you're interesting in jointing the caravan. Let us know where you're located and whether you have a 60kwh or 85kwh Model S.

I think we'll also need to set up some conference calls to help coordinate this effort as well... Does anyone out there have access to set up a conference calling system for us? It would also be nice to set up an organizing "team" like we had for the DC event to help coordinate this effort.

The plan would now also include departing a day early, Saturday July 12th from the East Coast (probably the Newark, DE Supercharger) to get out to Northern California by Thursday to take part in Bonnie's BBQ which I wouldn't miss for the world!

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Aaron

Ok, not 100 % official yet, but if I can get off work we will join ! The Tampa to Washington trip went so well that my wife is all in now for any trip in the Tesla (and she is finally changing her mind to want a Tesla instead of an Audi, not good for my wallet....). I guess there won't be enough progress on the SC network that we could go more diagonal, so most likely we will make another "one day trip" from Tampa to Washington and meet you guys up there.

Brit4864 KNOCK KNOCK are you in ? Or will we win this time the longest trip ??

joer00

Join in the new planning thread in this forum..... When you decide to come, use the same email as the DC event and let me know you're coming - send your info!

Us east coasters will be departing from Newark, DE!

Aaron