Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Country Trip - Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's the Truman Presidential Library in Independence and Eisenhower Presidential Library in Abiline, KS.

Also, we used the iOS app InRoute. With the paid version you can have upto 25 stops, I think. It shows you elevation profiles, temperature, wind speed and direction, etc. along your route. Try the free version if you're on iOS.

I've been quite busy with the road trip and it's now officially over - 31 days on the road and over 8500 miles driven. There were quite a few bumps on the road, but gladly it almost all turned out better than expected. I will be busy catching up with work over the next few days and after that I'll write a more detailed story as to all my endeavors on the road and across the US roads - some good, some not so much.

The trip started amazing in Boston and ended not so good in South Dakota, where the car is located currently, but I'll leave this for another day.
Quick highlights from the trip:

1. Total miles driven - over 8000 (exact number later on)
2. Average energy used - 373wh/m
3. Superchargers hit: 60 (some multiple times) and few destination chargers
4. Tesla Roadside Service calls - 3 and all ended in a tow to nearest service center (amazing service from Tesla on all 3 of them)
5. Best car ever to do such a long trip!

Here is how the road trip ended in Murdo, SD to an ugly collision with a coyote. I'll save the more graphic pics from the members:
ade3322511.jpg

There is 1 thing that can get damaged on this car in front collision and I managed to do it, can you guess what it is?