Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Rotating Michelin MXM4 19"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BMW advises against rotations at all, and I've come to agree. Rotations are for tire life, if your alignment is ok the amount of miles you get out of the tires will increase negligibly. Unless you're driving in circles all day. In which case you could actually get a performance alignment to compensate.

BMW advises against rotations at all, and I've come to agree. Rotations are for tire life, if your alignment is ok the amount of miles you get out of the tires will increase negligibly. Unless you're driving in circles all day. In which case you could actually get a performance alignment to compensate.

Agreed that rotations mostly disguise poor alignment--and poor alignment seems to be the norm these days--although my position is that you rotate tires for two reasons 1) In the very early life of the tire a rotation lets every tire have a turn on the drive axle. This sets up an even wear pattern which helps prevent odd wear patterns later in the tire's life. 2) So that all four tires wear out at the same time. Tires are similar to wallpaper in that if you get them from different batches, they may not be the same.