Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crowd gathered around my Tesla today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
My wife and I took our baby in the new Tesla to Yarra Glen today. Coming back from a great breakfast my wife noticed literally 20 people standing around the car! My wife was planning to breastfeed the baby in the car before the trip home so that was off the cards!

They were friendly and wanted to ask questions but it was a little disconcerting at first as I don't like the limelight especially whilst trying to put a baby in the baby seat!. Has anybody has similar experiences? Perhaps I should have summoned it out to the cafe we were in !

So tempting to use summon in that situation!!
There is a thread on here somewhere called tesla moments. You just had one #joninmelbourne

Moments like this is why quite a few of the aussies keep little business cards with the website on it. Have a polite short conversation, hand over the card and let them self serve their curiousity.

Reactions: Zroiron
My wife and I took our baby in the new Tesla to Yarra Glen today. Coming back from a great breakfast my wife noticed literally 20 people standing around the car! My wife was planning to breastfeed the baby in the car before the trip home so that was off the cards!

They were friendly and wanted to ask questions but it was a little disconcerting at first as I don't like the limelight especially whilst trying to put a baby in the baby seat!. Has anybody has similar experiences? Perhaps I should have summoned it out to the cafe we were in !
I never had 20 people, but often up to 5 like @OlavA .

The retracting door handles and the froot are the best crowd pleasers I find. Kids especially love the handles!

Yes you need to get used to it. Model s seems to have a big sign above it saying "talk to my owner".
Its always a lot of fun though, and some of the questions are seriously stupid.
After a year of my tesla, it just isnt letting up. Even the police want me to stop for a tesla chat.

So tempting to use summon in that situation!!
There is a thread on here somewhere called tesla moments. You just had one #joninmelbourne

Moments like this is why quite a few of the aussies keep little business cards with the website on it. Have a polite short conversation, hand over the card and let them self serve their curiousity.
I have done the same thing! Created a business size card with all the specific info about our "BlackHawk" along with our referral code if anyone is inclined to order their own!!

Reactions: *KT*