TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Crowd gathered around my Tesla today...

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by joninmelbourne, Oct 14, 2016.

1. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

My wife and I took our baby in the new Tesla to Yarra Glen today. Coming back from a great breakfast my wife noticed literally 20 people standing around the car! My wife was planning to breastfeed the baby in the car before the trip home so that was off the cards!

They were friendly and wanted to ask questions but it was a little disconcerting at first as I don't like the limelight especially whilst trying to put a baby in the baby seat!. Has anybody has similar experiences? Perhaps I should have summoned it out to the cafe we were in !

2. OlavA

OlavA Member

That's quite a crowd.

I've never experienced that big a gathering only 5 or so and I felt a little uneasy being the center of attention...

3. *KT*

*KT* Member

So tempting to use summon in that situation!!
    There is a thread on here somewhere called tesla moments. You just had one #joninmelbourne

Moments like this is why quite a few of the aussies keep little business cards with the website on it. Have a polite short conversation, hand over the card and let them self serve their curiousity.

• Like x 1
  4. hmmm

hmmm Member

Seems to me like they had read her mind, that is all.

5. PaulW

PaulW Member

Reminds me of Bjorn's crowd frenzy...lucky you didn't have a Model X with the falcon doors up!

6. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

I never had 20 people, but often up to 5 like @OlavA .

The retracting door handles and the froot are the best crowd pleasers I find. Kids especially love the handles!

7. paulp

paulp Member

Yes you need to get used to it. Model s seems to have a big sign above it saying "talk to my owner".
    Its always a lot of fun though, and some of the questions are seriously stupid.
    After a year of my tesla, it just isnt letting up. Even the police want me to stop for a tesla chat.

8. alpal

alpal Member

Use your Tesla app at a distance to beep the horn - it's hilarious!

9. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

I have done the same thing! Created a business size card with all the specific info about our "BlackHawk" along with our referral code if anyone is inclined to order their own!!

• Like x 1