TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CrowdFund an AD Campaign

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Clprenz, May 8, 2014.

?

Which Ad do you want?

1. Gallons of Light

88.9%
  2. Recharge

11.1%
  3. Tesla Nod

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

#1 Clprenz, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    FIGHT THE NADA:
    We could crowdfund to have a large stance on social media via promoted tweets and Facebook posts! I will set-up a twitter now and indiegogo soon. Any advice is encouraged!

MODS: Can we change thread title to: Fight the NADA through Crowdfunding and Social media!
    ORGINAL IDEA:
    What a better way to make the shorts wet their bed?! Also increase sales! I see this as an opportunity to "crowd-fund" large scale shareholder activism.
    Let me know what you think!

TV Prime time slots cost in the $100k's
    Hulu can get 16 views per $1 with a Minimun of $15k

To avoid the costs of producing an ad, Take a look at these ones below and vote on one.
    Potential ads:
    Tesla Model S: Commercial - YouTube
    The Tesla Nod - YouTube
    Tesla on Vimeo

Let me know If I should set up this campaign!

2. ZsoZso

ZsoZso Member

If Tesla Motors thought they needed ads, they would buy some -- they can certainly afford it. But since the car-cales are strongly production constrained rather than demand constrained, there is not much point in ads.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If you use Tesla's products, name and logo in an ad wouldn't they have some say on it being released on TV? An internet ad is less visible so they likely don't mind.

4. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

How would this increase sales? Tesla is supply limited.

5. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

As said in the conference call yesterday, the cell constraites will be gone in the later half of the year. Leaving demand to drive production, as shareholders we can push their marketing to act.

6. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

#6 nwdiver, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I would be willing to fund an EV commercial but not a Tesla specific commercial... Lot of ignorance about EVs out there...

Sorta like this... but without the Volt slam and LEAF promotion...

7. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I didn't gather than the cell constraints will be gone, just that the cells available will be higher in the latter half of the year. And, there are probably other supplier constraints.

8. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Perhaps shareholder activism should be directed at countering the NADA lobbying as opposed to trying to boost sales directly...target the lawmakers in specific states...

9. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

I will contribute to fighting NADA. Blocking innovation and invention is Un-American.

10. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

I would agree to crowd fund an issue ad to raise awareness of BEVs or shining a spotlight on the NADA shenanigans. I would not support doing something Tesla specific without their explicit support. Rogue marketing efforts can be hugely counterproductive.

O

11. dsm363

That would be a much more useful way to spend money. Basically attack style political ads. Tesla doesn't need paid advertising right now and when they do they can take care of it themselves.

12. dsm363

Call it Americans for values, freedom and economic liberty and you have a winner.

13. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Naw, then people would think it's a Koch brothers super PAC aimed at coal or some such.

14. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

Citizens for "Good New American Ingenuity"

15. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

16. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Is someone looking into filing requirements with IRS? I don't think you can just collect money for a PAC and use it for ads. There may be some reporting requirements. But I'm not an expert in this area.

17. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

good point, Not sure either. I'm sure we have someone on here that knows the answer. I assumed it would be the same as a charity as it isn't for a political campaign or anything.

18. dsm363

I believe PACs can educate on the 'issues' and then use that cover to attack their opponent. Definitely check though.

The Colbert Report had a good series on this:)

19. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

I've done some very preliminary investigating, and found Causes.com to be very interesting.

Help · Causes

Can anyone expound of the following:

Why can I only fundraise for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization?

At the moment, our payment-processing service, Network for Good, only allows donations to be made to a United States based nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status.

20. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

#20 Jackl1956, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    It seems to me that a broad range of financial interests are vested in fighting Tesla Motors. Elon's tweet regarding ending range anxiety, was immediately given a negative spin by numerous media outlets. I don't view this as a conspiracy, but rather companies that are vested in the status quo, protecting their investments and business relationships. As an example the Los Angeles Times has maintained a profitable business relationship (full-page car ads) with an extensive number of NADA dealerships. It is not in their interest to report Tesla nor electric vehicles in a positive light. If the Los Angeles Times is contrasted with Consumer Reports (a media outlet that has no paid advertising) the difference is stark.

While Tesla Motors (Elon and the Senior Management) have done an extraordinary managing the media, (consider how they have dominated the automotive news for the past several years) they too have a corporate agenda. Just as Tesla has a right (legal standing) to a free market in which to sell their products, consumers have a right (legal standing) to purchase products of their choice. Just as Consumer Reports has objectively reported reviews of the Tesla products, we as individual consumers have the right to advertise the truth, regarding electric vehicles, renewable energy, and basic free market principles.

What chaps my hide, is that constant lies are repeated with the intent of solidifying public opinion. I for one believe consumers of a "solar electric economy" deserve our own voice.