Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crown Center Posts Sign Banning Bolt EV Charging Because of Fire Risk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kansas City Crown Center EV charging station parking had posted signage banning Chevy Bolts because of fire risk.
A local citizen wrote a letter to Crown Center about Vehicle Fire Risk Hazards.

"Thanks for hosting EV charging.
I noticed warnings about EV charging for Chevy Bolts which had a recall for fire risk. Thanks for being safe.
I would suggest that you need additional signage to ban certain gasoline vehicles with recent recalls for catching fire when parked.

Here are a few, there may be more,
"Hyundai and Kia recall 571,000 vehicles due to fire risk, urge owners to park outside"
"Stellantis is telling the owners of nearly 341,000 Ram diesel trucks to park them outdoors because an electrical connector can overheat and cause a fire."

The Chevy Bolt recall impacted 140,000 vehicles.

We've been hearing about Bolt parking bans for awhile. Some examples at Bolt Parking Only. I had a '19 Bolt and I myself became a victim of such a ban at my work in late 2021. I've written about it in numerous places and don't have time to retell it all. It's moot for me now as I had my former Bolt bought back by GM, in exchange for a very nice check.