Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise/AP Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYP at the end of June and am in the middle of taking my new car on a 4,500 mile road trip.

I have some questions about how things work as I’ve been using AP consistently.

1. I know all about PB and I get it often. My question is: how long is normal for it to come back up to speed after you hit the accelerator? If I’m cruising at 85 and PB gets me to 75 and I accelerate up to say 80….sometimes the car will act like no cruise is set at all and continue to regenerative brake. I’ll even fiddle with the speed of cruise and still nothing. Other times, it will just hang out at 80 and take 30+ seconds to start accelerating back up to speed even if I cancel cruise and reset.

2. When I’m passing a semi, once I get to the cab, the drawing of the truck goes crazy and warps from right next to me to a full lane over. Normal?

3. For the trip I bought FSD for the month and while cruising in the right lane with nobody in front of me I get FREQUENT pop ups to change lanes to pass a slower vehicle that isn’t there. It only flashes for a second, I couldn’t react to it if I wanted to. Happen to anyone else?

Feel like all this is related to PB in general.

4. Can someone please explain how speed limit responsive cruise works? Sometimes, my speed goes up and down with speed limit. Others, not. What governs this behavior? It’s not even consistent in applying my setup of 4mph over limit (it likes 5).

ETA: Posted in wrong spot, my bad. Also now that I’m off the road I see some of this is “typical.”

Last edited: