Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control, Autopilot Unavailable/No Cars on Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn’t believe once I got it removed and realized what it was.
I've had plenty of Situations like that with my Ford Focus before.....it's not that they break a thing, it's the cheap try to hide it.

Anyway, i hope this fixed it for you!

My Servicecenter is only 5 Miles away so i would order the broken part at the app and a Ranger should come and fix it quick.

To further investigate into that:

It's not easy possible to swap out the lower cable of the front facing cameras because they are combined with the entire harness for the right side of the car.

So therefore Tesla come up with a way to re-install new cables with the right connectors without taking out half of the cars interior: they overlay new ones where it isn't possible to simply replace them.

There is a service bulletin since October 2021 so it should be possible for any Servicecenter to swap them out because they build the needed cable by themselves.

I'm very looking forward to my appointment tomorrow.

Update from Vienna, Austria ✌️

They checked the harness from the front triple cam down to the Autopilot-Computer and found at least two problems, first they found a strong bended coax cable in between that may have been damaged, and second, the connector on the autopilot computer side for the maincam was not properly assembled, the technician said it looked deformed somehow 🤷

They ordered the needed coax cables and the triple cam again 🤷

BUT it works now, moments after he corrected the Problems as a first aid solution. He restarted the car and everything works fine.

When i got there, the car was not working properly since at least 10 days. So the fault is definitely between the cam and the autopilot-computer.

It seems like a partial win for me so far, Stuff is ordered, but it works for now 😂

Will post again if it starts to fail again.

Thanks for every input in this thread and i hope that other people will also find their solution (including me on a long term 😂)

Update from Vienna, Austria ✌️

They checked the harness from the front triple cam down to the Autopilot-Computer and found at least two problems, first they found a strong bended coax cable in between that may have been damaged, and second, the connector on the autopilot computer side for the maincam was not properly assembled, the technician said it looked deformed somehow 🤷

They ordered the needed coax cables and the triple cam again 🤷

BUT it works now, moments after he corrected the Problems as a first aid solution. He restarted the car and everything works fine.

When i got there, the car was not working properly since at least 10 days. So the fault is definitely between the cam and the autopilot-computer.

It seems like a partial win for me so far, Stuff is ordered, but it works for now 😂

Will post again if it starts to fail again.

Thanks for every input in this thread and i hope that other people will also find their solution (including me on a long term 😂)
Tell him to leave access so you can get to it to save you a trip next time:p.

So I finally took my car in for the scheduled service appointment to get this fixed. Unlike some of you here, my issues had to do with the rear camera and the DAS system (internal to the computer). It took them one day to replace the rear camera and computer and my advisor said all is working again. I have to pick it up in the morning so I haven’t driven and verified yet.

Here is what my invoice said for the repair:

Concern: Mobile Verified that DAS will not calibrate and function properly. Further Diagnosis is needed

Verified customers concern, performed voltage check at the rear facing camera, 5V was present. Proceeded to replace the rear facing, issue was still present. After further analysis found fault in DAS which is internal to the car computer. Replaced car computer and back up camera feed is present. Advise guest to monitor condition, a brief calibration may be needed with new hardware installed.

Correction: Camera - Rear Facing (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
TRUNK 1.00 HANDLE(1095949-00-E)

Correction: Car Computer (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
TLA,AP3.2.CAR.COMP,MY,NA 1.00 - PROVISIONED(1775000-S0-
L)

Correction: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check
P

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and KDKSenior
So I finally took my car in for the scheduled service appointment to get this fixed. Unlike some of you here, my issues had to do with the rear camera and the DAS system (internal to the computer). It took them one day to replace the rear camera and computer and my advisor said all is working again. I have to pick it up in the morning so I haven’t driven and verified yet.

Here is what my invoice said for the repair:

Concern: Mobile Verified that DAS will not calibrate and function properly. Further Diagnosis is needed

Verified customers concern, performed voltage check at the rear facing camera, 5V was present. Proceeded to replace the rear facing, issue was still present. After further analysis found fault in DAS which is internal to the car computer. Replaced car computer and back up camera feed is present. Advise guest to monitor condition, a brief calibration may be needed with new hardware installed.

Correction: Camera - Rear Facing (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
TRUNK 1.00 HANDLE(1095949-00-E)

Correction: Car Computer (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
TLA,AP3.2.CAR.COMP,MY,NA 1.00 - PROVISIONED(1775000-S0-
L)

Correction: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check
P
Hope that was it!

My car is working fine since the "fix" and i'm happy to have my fully functional car back 😂

Reactions: GeoG
Having the same issues as others on this thread. My story is a bit different. Mainly looks to be ineptitude of the local Service Center.

Had my cameras upgraded to the AP3 versions in May at the PDX Service Center. Everything seemed to go just fine, after calibration my regular highway autopilot worked as it had before. I proceeded to continue driving like a grandma and giving my wife a hard time if there were any FSD Beta driving alerts. My score was a consistent 99-100. Yet I never got the FSD invite.
I figured they were still being very restrictive and I'd get it eventually. Well, after a number of months and Elon tweets I saw the full release to anyone with even a mediocre score. But still no invite...
Finally I scoured the forums and found a thread of people who took their cars in but didn't get the correct camera versions installed. Sure enough, they replaced one of my cameras with the same version AP2.0 camera. Thought that sucks, but I can just do mobile service to get it fixed and it was available the following week, so I scheduled the appointment.
Mobile service shows up and starts asking what my issue was. I told him and he said he doesn't have the correct part. They sent him with the same AP2 camera AGAIN. He said he's talk with his supervisor and they'd reach out. Nothing.... Only crickets.
At this point I decided to schedule another visit this time at the Service Center 50 miles away and another 2 weeks out. But I figured this way they couldn't use the "wrong part" excuse again... Took it in and they ended up replacing 3 cameras (not sure why since I know 2 of them were already the updated version). They offered to do calibration (another 30 min wait), or I could do it and start my journey home. I decided on the later since it was already 4:45 and they were closing. You know how this ends right? After calibration, Autopilot unavailable (OF COURSE).
Thanks to this thread I was able to get into the service logs and have faults on all 3 of the cameras they replaced yesterday. Service is recommending replacement. Augh...