Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cruise control bump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Situation: Using cruise control set at 48 mph. On entering a new speed zone of 60 mph, the car accelerated to 60 on its own. Thankfully, adaptive cruise kept me from rear-ending another car. 100% reproducible.

What settings should I look for?

Thanks

In a 2019 Model S

Adaptive cruise has never modified it's speed without input in any situations for me when entering a new speed zone. I would prefer it did but that only has happened to me using autopilot and entering/leaving restricted speed areas. to clarify it's never changed while enabled.

Adaptive cruise has never modified it's speed without input in any situations for me when entering a new speed zone. I would prefer it did but that only has happened to me using autopilot and entering/leaving restricted speed areas. to clarify it's never changed while enabled.
I just tested this last night, as we have an area on the interstate (near an exit) where the car ALWAYS decelerates to the exit "speed limit."

I surmised that maybe it wouldn't if only on TACC. No luck, it still decelerated (and accelerated back up when the speed limit "changed back").

So for me, it is the deceleration to an exit speed limit that is the problem when on AP or TACC.

Last edited:
The phantom breaking on your 2019 might be related to the AP system going off GPS and not reading street signs like the AP1 in your signature that you were potentially used to?
I think you are mixing posters.

OP has the 2019 and is experiencing auto-acceleration past the limit he set.

My car in question is a 2020 with HW3 and experiences the reduction to "exit speed limit."

Why do you feel this is a problem?

You would want to accelerate to the new speed limit, wouldn't you (safely, of course, which is what it did)?

Good answers. Yes, I'd want to accelerate and know about it. I would have done so on my own. Now that I know about it, it's a convenience