Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control disabled [Update: faulty radar unit fixed, resolved issue]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to doubt their intuition/reasoning/diagnostics, but heck,
have you done the complete reset, first the display computer
two finger + brake pedal salute, then full power off with phone
in Airplane mode, and wait 3 full minutes?

Don’t need to hold brake pedal to do the reset.

The issue you are describing is a known bug right now with sentry mode in which upon turning on the vehicle, Sentry mode does not “release” the cameras so autopilot doesn’t function.

Turning off sentry mode and allowing Tesla to go to sleep (not just off, but asleep) will reset the issue.

As an aside, this is being heavily discussed in other threads so feel free to look around and search before posting.

I have the same issue, and have tried resets, turning Sentry on/off, leaving off. My Autopilot worked flawlessly until I got a software update about a month ago. My Autopilot now works about 10 percent of the time. Had a mobile tech come out yesterday and he thinks it is software related. I just got a software update a few days ago, but did not fix my issues. He did tell me about giving the “bug alert” voice command when the functions aren’t working and then texting my Tesla service guy about it. It apparently gives them a little more information about circumstances when it isn’t working. Hopefully yours (and mine) will work eventually.

Don’t need to hold brake pedal to do the reset.

The issue you are describing is a known bug right now with sentry mode in which upon turning on the vehicle, Sentry mode does not “release” the cameras so autopilot doesn’t function.

Turning off sentry mode and allowing Tesla to go to sleep (not just off, but asleep) will reset the issue.

As an aside, this is being heavily discussed in other threads so feel free to look around and search before posting.
I actually don't have Sentry mode turned on. What is going to sleep means? I know power off and UI reset.

I just had this. Booked a service appt (earliest one was in mid December!) but now the error message has gone away and the autopilot is working.
I've also had an intermittent warning about brake fluid (on a brand new car).
The common factor in all cases is that the car was recently very wet. First few times due to downpours, last one due to a jet wash. No idea if that is a coincidence or not.