Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control Disabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

appleguru

Mar 15, 2017
MA, US
Has anyone seen this before? Had AP engaged; car prompted me to take over immediately and then flashed “Cruise Control Disabled” on the screen.

Putting car in park did not clear the error. Cruise and AP would not re-engage until I powered the car all the way off and then back on again, then it seemed to work again OK...

It happened to me 2 nights ago, autopilot was one and out of the blue disconnected itself and gave me the same warning you are describing. It would let me do autopilot so I called Tesla, they had me pull over, power off the car and they sent a reset as well OTA, after that autopilot came back online.

This has been happening to me randomly ever since I got the car 4 months ago...

The list of annoying issues with the car keeps on increasing. It is insane how many repairs my car has gone through ever since taking the delivery a little less than 4 months ago.

Happened again to me today... Called Tesla Support more than 90 minutes ago and waiting for a call back from them.

Btw - when this happens, my car stops seeing the lanes on the road and also the auto high beam stops working. Do you guys think this is a software issue or a hardware issue? Anyone else who had this issue got it fixed after a camera replacement?

So many issues with the car ever since I got it - I wonder if I should escalate and ask for a resolution...

The alert and the message has showed up about 8-9 times for me already...

I am sure that the car has run into this issue more frequently because even when the cruise is not enabled, sometimes I notice that the lane markings are not visible.

The radar also stops sensing the cars in front of me when this happens.

I've lost both autopilot and cruise control a number of times on my AP1 car. I finally put it together that this started happening when I had my windshield replaced. Does anyone think there's a chance that some moisture got caught in the autopilot camera housing?

I've also had it happen when I had a ton of snow and ice accumulated on the front but that was clearly a separate issue.

Happened again to me today... Called Tesla Support more than 90 minutes ago and waiting for a call back from them.

Btw - when this happens, my car stops seeing the lanes on the road and also the auto high beam stops working. Do you guys think this is a software issue or a hardware issue? Anyone else who had this issue got it fixed after a camera replacement?

So many issues with the car ever since I got it - I wonder if I should escalate and ask for a resolution...

Had this exact same thing occurring to me randomly off and on for about 3 weeks (AP Disabled, Auto High Beams not working right, and no lanes showing on console) took 4 service visits to fix it - here was the final fix that seems to have resolved the problem:

---
Concern: Customer: states the auto pilot disable alert was on - 12/20 @ 12:38pm and 12/18 @ 1:25pm

Corrections: Firmware Update, Autopilot 2nd Generation Vehicle

verified customer concern with car log data. found left camera pillar alerts. proceeded to test camera. found no issues. proceeded to run Pre-Cal function to verify function of driver assistance systems. found all cameras reported pictures. but during inspection found tri- camera to be out of spec. proceeded to install green shim to drop camera pitch down by 1.17 degrees. after shim change, found good calibration. tested drove vehicle and found auto-pilot systems to be functioning as designed.

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

MS/MX Triple Cam Pitch Carrier -01- Green 2 pitch down 1.17 degree (1119836-02-B)

TRIPLE CAM RR VIEW MIRROR MOUNT 1 PLATE (1098491-99-C)

Pay Type: Warranty
---

I assume the above was the fix.. however it was a nightmare of repairs. After I picked up my car from the above repairs, I hopped on the freeway and turned on Autopilot, the car immediately veered to the left scaring me and the car next to me. Every time I turned on the Autopilot this occurred. Took the car back and they replaced the ECU, however this also did not fix the problem - autopilot was still veering and swerving like a drunk monkey (it was only seeing one side of any lane). Took the car back AGAIN, and turns out after the above original fix, when they re-calibrated the Autopilot on my car, they were re-calibrating it using AP1 calibration, however my car is AP2. Not sure I believe all of that as my car was in and out of service for about 3-4 weeks... *le sigh*. Hopefully this helps save you and the SC some time when you take your car in.

Happy to provide more details of all the various service visits if you need it, but I am fairly certain the above fix was correct, and it was just incorrect calibration of the Autopilot system which caused all of my repeat visits after this repair.

Mind you - I have only had my car back for 2 days..... (Yes, it was taken in on 12/27, and I just got it back two days ago). Hopefully the issue does not come back.

2017 MS 75, AP 2.0

Or “lemon” my car. Seriously considering talking to Tesla about my options. I’ve spent countless hours dealing with all the issues with this car.

I have had my new MS 75 for 4.5 months, it has had 8 service visits and spent about 6 weeks of my 4.5 months of ownership at the Service Center. I feel your pain.

However the Service Center has been extremely supportive. They ensure I get a newer Model S or X loaner all the time, and gave me 2 Years free maintenance, and a free L4 Detailing on the car. Additionally, when I picked the car up this last time they had it in the delivery bay with all the other new cars and had their service manager "present" it to me and apologized for all of the problems. So... as much as it has sucked to have to go back and forth to the service center, they have treated me extremely well while they take care of all these issues.

thanks for sharing the repair details for your car... hopefully, I will not need to go back multiple times on this issue.

As supportive as their SC is, it is still extremely inconvenient to deal with all these random issues... ignoring all the other bazillion minor issues that I have with my car, my other major complaint besides the cruise control errors is the rattle coming from the front - which is quite bothersome. they replaced the entire steering rack but the rattle is still there. fremont SC gave up on this issue citing "engineering part defects" that they don't have a fix for, but I have an appointment with Palo Alto SC to take a look and attempt a repair. If the rattle continues after a second repair, or if PA SC has the same answer for me, I will be seriously exploring the lemon law options.

Update on the repair. Seems stable since this repair. Fingers crossed. Anyone knows what is “Lamp - Side Repeater - Front”

———————

Corrections: Cruise Control General Diagnosis

Checked customers concern and performed an extended road test on the freeway on different traffic conditions. Was unable to duplicate customers concern at this time. Reviewed vehicle logs and recommend the left front repeater replacement, firmware and recheck operation.

Corrections: Lamp - Side Repeater - Front - LH

replaced left front repeater and checked for proper operations

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER (LH) (1125106 1 -99-A)

Pay Type: Warranty

• Love
Reactions: lunitiks