Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cruise control saved my butt today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well just washed the car went down the 400 today and put on the new cruse at 7 car lengths

was fiddling around with the screen not paying att. when I felt the break and looked up to see a very slow moving truck with its 4way flashers on got to say I like my car a lot more today

Visited a Subaru dealer the other day, my other car is a Subaru. Sales person telling me the story of taking the product driver training on the new active safety features like this in Subaru. On a closed course they are taken out and told to set the cruise and keep feet off pedals, and proceed to point the car at a wall.... The car stops forcefully before hitting the wall. Amazing. Said it takes NERVES OF STEEL to follow through with that instruction: feet off pedals.

I have made a very concerted effort to never touch my center screen while I'm driving and the car is in motion. With very rare exception I've managed to stick to that. Nonetheless, I'm sure the cruise control will probably save my butt someday (providing I get TA cruise control, that is).

I mounted a forward facing camera so I can just watch where I'm going while using the other half the screen.

just kidding

The forward camera is only for parking, so I don't nose the curb.

Of course it would be more convenient if the bezel had indents or friction spots that aligned with the soft buttons. Then you could just feel. (The scroll wheel still requires looking, albeit less looking than using the display.

This is a re-post from an earlier thread

Physical Buttons for touch screen

There are a number of us "more mature" owners who would like to see a few physical buttons on the control panel although I appreciate it is not likely to happen

Here is a partial solution at least A company called Steelseries make small physical capacitive buttons which you can stick to touch screens by means of tiny suction cups
I have put 6 of these buttons on my touch screen and can now without looking at the screen (ie by feel only) adjust temperature ,turn on and off front and rear windscreen heaters etc

I hope this might be of some interest​