Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control speed set point

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had my Model 3, I recall that I was able to specify the difference between the cruise control speed and the posted speed limit. For example, if I specify that the difference is 5 mph, the cruise control speed would be 40 mph on a 35 mph street.

I can't find how to do that on my Y. Has this capability been removed? If not, how do you set the difference?

Thanks,

Cliff

It is somewhat buried in the notes but if you have the FSD stop light and stop sign turned on you are limited to the actual speed limit, not speed limit +5mph.
hmmm...what page did you find that? The AP Speed Assist description on page 113 of the owners manual doesn't seem to mention the above, but I'm only a "good" skim reader, so might have missed it...or is it a different function you're talking about?

upload_2020-6-2_12-22-13.png

Slightly different text in the downloaded manual I got, but similar wording...the change to include "on surface streets" might mean on highways, it does not limit it...???

From the manual:
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop upon approach while using Autopilot, with your active supervision. To enable, shift your car into PARK and tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta), then engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer.

When Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) is enabled, the driving visualization displays upcoming traffic lights, stop signs or road markings at intersections where your car may need to stop. As you approach an intersection, even if the traffic light is green, your car will display a red line to indicate where the vehicle will stop and the vehicle will begin to slow. To continue through the stop line, pull the Autopilot stalk or briefly tap the accelerator pedal to confirm that it is safe to proceed. At this time, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control does not turn the vehicle, whether you are in a turn lane or have your blinker on.

Notifications on the touchscreen will provide a stop reason (stop sign or traffic light) and will also provide an estimated distance to when your vehicle will stop. If the Traffic Light notification does not indicate a light color, your vehicle has not confirmed the traffic control state.

As with all Autopilot features, you must be in control of your vehicle, pay attention to its surroundings and be ready to take immediate action including braking. This feature is in Beta and may not stop for all traffic controls. While Traffic and Stop Sign Control is enabled on surface streets with Autosteer active, your speed will be confined to the noted limit. Please review the Owner’s Manual for additional information, instructions for use and warnings.