TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cruise Control - Traction Control OFF - Very unTesla Like message...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SabrToothSqrl, May 1, 2015.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, one of my favorite things about the Model S is it's ability to use clearly worded messages like "door open" or "put in drive to drive" or "check charge port" as opposed to the 'BEEP BEEP BEEP' "what the hell is that"?! like most cars. (Since BEEP BEEP BEEP can mean either put on your seatbelt, or the engine has now exploded, please find the nearest hospital).

But it looks like they missed one.

I was driving home the other day, and playing a bit with the T/C off, because... well, that's more fun.

When I was done playing I wanted to see if the T/C would turn back on if I left the car and came back the next day. (hence leaving it off).

I went to use the Cruise Control (T/C still off)... and nothing happened! I pushed the end of the thing in, no light, no arrow on the display... ok... omg my car is broken!
    Nothing is happening. I figured it out a few moments later, and soon as I turned the T/C back on, it allowed me to use the cruise again.

I feel that's appropriate, to have the T/C on to use cruise... that's not the issue.

The part that was unTesla like was the lack of any error or message or warning saying... hey, genius.. I don't want to crash either!

or maybe like 'To Enable Cruise Control, Traction Control Must be Enabled" (or similar).

I'm sure it's buried in the manual, (who reads those)?!

So, anyway, I'm thinking it's an easy add message that would have been helpful. Still love the car :)