Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control unavailable sentry on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have software version 2022.4.5.1. If I had sentry mode on, the cruise control would not be available. To fix this, I had to turn off sentry mode and unplug the USB stick. Then I had to press both scrolling wheels and step on the brake until the Tesla T symbol shows up. After this, I had to Power Off the car for two minutes. Then the cruise control would be on again.
When I plugged the USB stick in and turn on the sentry mode, and the start driving, the cruise control would not be available again. The error is DI_a175. Is this a sign of the computer failure?
Does anyone have the same issue? Thank you.

I have software version 2022.4.5.1. If I had sentry mode on, the cruise control would not be available. To fix this, I had to turn off sentry mode and unplug the USB stick. Then I had to press both scrolling wheels and step on the brake until the Tesla T symbol shows up. After this, I had to Power Off the car for two minutes. Then the cruise control would be on again.
When I plugged the USB stick in and turn on the sentry mode, and the start driving, the cruise control would not be available again. The error is DI_a175. Is this a sign of the computer failure?
Does anyone have the same issue? Thank you.
Time to use the Request Service function of the app. That is a very bizarre set of circumstances. Sentry mode only does anything when the car is Off and Stationary. TACC (Cruise) only works when the car (obviously) is in motion. It sounds more like a bug to me, rather than any hardware failure.

Maybe unrelated but I lost cruise control when Tesla replaced my windshield and it turned out to be one of 3 harnesses from the mirror.
Mine ended up being something similar, just without the windshield replacement.

On my third service visit for this issue, they finally fixed it.

“Upon inspection of previous work, found the connector for the coax cable running from triple camera assembly to autopilot computer not fully seated.”