Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This issue started happening to us while on a 200 miles drive (400 miles to two days). ‘22 Model S. I don’t have an USB drive connected to car so I can rule that out. The software updated last week with most recent build.

Does anyone have an update on a fix?

This issue started happening to us while on a 200 miles drive (400 miles to two days). ‘22 Model S. I don’t have an USB drive connected to car so I can rule that out. The software updated last week with most recent build.

Does anyone have an update on a fix?
You should take the car to Tesla and let them check if the computer is broken. It’s called NAS ECU. It turned out my computer was broken right out of the parking lot when I picked up the car.

This has been happening very sporadically. Driving to work or from work I will attempt to use cruise control and auto pilot. I notice that the steering wheel next to the speedometer is missing and the speed limit of the road is missing on the display. I push down on the right stalk and I get an error saying cruise control unavailable.

I get home and the next day I drive to work and it’s fine. Sometimes it happens during the day. Sometimes at night. It has maybe happened a dozen times now over the past 2 months. The car is at service right now and they are trying to blame my front lip that I installed a year ago. I never had an issue up until about 2 months ago. The front lip doesn’t cover and sensors. Has anyone run into this issue? Remedy?
I got the DI_a175 error, ‘cruise control unavailable’ after updating to 10.69.3.2. I
Did a soft then hard reset using the brake and both steering wheel buttons. Neither worked. Elsewhere on TMC I read where opening and closing all the doors, trunk and frunk fixed the problem and much to my delight it worked! If the fix holds l’ll cancel my remote service appointment

Attachments

• C842727A-308D-46B4-9F21-9AF7D7D35436.jpeg
    C842727A-308D-46B4-9F21-9AF7D7D35436.jpeg
    782.4 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: NanaimoMY
Old thread, but just adding more data.

I had this happen again, for like the 3rd time in a year, this time on 2023.7.15/11.4.3 The last time the first time it required an overnight of sitting to fix, the 2nd time the open/close everything fixed it somehow, and this most recent time it required another overnight to fix. Every time it is slightly different how visualizations show, this time they fully worked except lane markers.

I had opened a service request for this one just to add to the data on this bug that's been around for a long time and by the sound of it, it's not considered a 'known issue' and there's no service bulletins about it or anything. Even though there's hundreds of reports across the internet.

They also wanted -exact- time stamps to find the errors, saying it would take hours just to comb through a couple minutes of logs. Which tells us that Tesla has really crappy tools for their technicians. Not being able to filter or search logs for specific error codes (which were provided), all errors displayed displayed to user, etc. is ridiculous.

And of course, after I mentioned that sitting overnight fixed it they immediately closed it out and were happy to be rid of another problem.

At this point, not sure this will ever get fixed permanently. Yay Tesla service. 🙄