Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
Drove up to Birmingham today and all was normal. On the way back TACC and AP wouldn’t engage.

E2469333-2162-4B3A-B994-881F052BC2C8.jpeg

Tried a two button reboot, tried a two button and brake pedal reboot, all cameras are clean, all doors have been opened and closed to make sure that’s not the issue, seat belts were all on, not had any updates for about 2 weeks.

Any ideas? First world problems I know but have my weekly 170 mile commute tonight and don’t fancy pressing the go pedal for hours on end…..

Interesting that yours is a 2021 like my SR+

After a few weeks of remote diagnosis they’ve replaced my Car Computer and it’s all fine now.

Hopefully yours is just a glitch. But I wonder if they had a bad batch of computers. Mine was a Q3 delivery. When was yours?

If the cars disappear when it won’t engage it’s similar to my symptoms. If they’re still there it’s different.

This happened to me on a road trip last month. When I spoke to support they had me run through several reboots and they could not solve it remotely. They suggested taking it in to a service center. That was not a great option as I was on a road trip. What I did was to let the X go into a deep sleep for a few hours. That meant turning off the Sentry mode and anything that would drain power preventing the deep sleep. Next morning Autopilot and cruise came back.

Reactions: pow216
My Y did the same last week after a recent 2022.40.4.2 software update, it’s never done this before. Got the car mid sept. I did the 2 button reset and all has been ok since. I wonder if it’s glitch in this software.

Last edited:
I had an instance last week where I could not engage tacc or autosteer on my motorway drive. After logging a service visit I got a call back from them telling me it was due to me turning off my auto lights. I have done this pretty regularly as they come on far to easily in bright conditions. The next time I went out left the lights on auto and hey presto everything worked again. Something to do with latest software updates for auto high beams and wipers.

Reactions: Gadgetman67
I had an instance last week where I could not engage tacc or autosteer on my motorway drive. After logging a service visit I got a call back from them telling me it was due to me turning off my auto lights. I have done this pretty regularly as they come on far to easily in bright conditions. The next time I went out left the lights on auto and hey presto everything worked again. Something to do with latest software updates for auto high beams and wipers.
Good point,I’ve turned of my auto lights recently.

I had this last Tuesday. 2 button reboot had no effect. Left car and locked it. Got back in no effect. Left car in a carpark for a couple of hours with sentry turned off so car would sleep and finally TACC and AP were working again!

I had the same thing earlier this week, it lasted about 3 days and was quite annoying for the longer drives I made. Oddly enough, the issue went away after I washed the car. The cameras didn't look dirty, and the only message I saw on the screen was that cruise control was unavailable. The car wasn't really very dirty, but possibly the dirt may have blocked a sensor or camera partially?

I'm really hoping this issue doesn't come back in a few weeks time, as I'm doing a 600 mile drive and will find it hard without Cruise Control or Autopilot.

After charging to what I needed to get me back and then shutting it down for 40ish mins before the drive back, all was fixed. Worked flawlessly all the way back. Wipers and lights were both still in auto when I started the drive. No idea what happened or why but damn I used TACC and AP a lot of the time 😬