TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cruise Control-Wiper Confusion

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Haxster, Jun 29, 2017.

?

How often do you turn on the wipers when trying to adjust the TACC following distance?

1. All the time

13.0%
  2. Once in a while

26.1%
  3. Almost never

30.4%
  4. Never

26.1%
  5. What are you talking about?

4.3%
  1. Haxster

Haxster Member

How many times have you turned the wipers on when trying to adjust the following distance for the Traffic Aware Cruise Control?

After six months, I still keep doing it. I hope that I'm not the only one.

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I said never, because I never adjust following distance. Now if you had asked how often I turn on the TACC when I meant to put on the turn signal, the answer would be different.

• Like x 1
  3. croman

croman Active Member

The stalks are different lengths and positions. That being said, once I've tried to put on the single wipe and accidentally put on the e-brake.

4. Haxster

Haxster Member

Sometimes I long for the good old days: A single stalk. No buttons, No dials. No twists, No push. No pull. No slides. Just a simple turn signal.

5. croman

croman Active Member

Model 3 I believe is like this.

6. derekmw

derekmw Member

More than that, I've frequently done these two:
    - Try to put turn signal on, but instead resumed cruise control and shocked as the car starts accelerating as I coast/regen-brake approaching a turn
    - On my other cars, turning on wipers, thinking I'm shifting into D (habit from being in the MS too long)

7. Haxster

Haxster Member

I DID finally get used to the Tesla gear shift UP being reverse and DOWN being forward.:confused:

8. BrettS

BrettS Member

I’ve had my model S for 3 months and I still do this occasionally, but the thing that kept getting me right after I got the car was the fact that I kept putting the car into neutral when I intended to turn on the wipers. My old car had the wiper stalk where the gear shift is on my Tesla. Luckily time and the fact that I have auto wipers turned on now has helped resolve that issue.

9. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

I certainly had some confusion between the wiper/blinker and CC stalks at first, but that was because I was not used to having two stalks on that side. I had either a Toyota or Lexus as my primary car for over 20 years, so it took some doing to adjust to having the CC on the left bottom, rather than the right.

I think I pretty much almost have it mostly figured out, now.