Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TACC has slowed for bends for me as long as I can remember (that ws AP1 though ... but don't see that would have made any difference, I reckon the code-on-top of MobileEye in AP1 would have been responsible, not MobileEye per se (could be wrong on that of course ...) Certainly AP1 TACC did not slow for bends when i first had it ...

Depends a bit what TACC actually thinks of the bend though. It hasn't adjust sufficiently on some bends (I was just experimenting, Your Honour!)

TeslaDriver

Given up watching that channel. Saw/heard too many errors of fact that went uncorrected

Discovered this weekend that the cruise control adapts to bends in the road and slows down to take them.

At one point it slowed me down from 60 to 35 to take a sharp left hander.

That was a pleasant surprise.

Well, it's a pleasant surprise if it slows down sufficiently. It's definitely not a pleasant surprise when it doesn't slow down enough for the corner and bails out part way round! When testing this functionality you must watch like a hawk and make sure that you have the reflexes of a fly, ready to catch it! (Bear in mind that I'm talking about me trying some local roads that no sensible person should expect the car to necessarily cope with.)

I left home yesterday with no network - not sure why, just no signal for a bit in an area where otherwise signal normally ok. Car satnav was just plain dumb - trying to get satnav to get a destination let alone plan a route out when no mobile signal simply gets no response. In the end I had to set destination on my phone and send it to the car, which eventually picked destination up when we got signal back.

Just hope that its got better map following capability built in than its destination finding and route planning otherwise its going to be blind to these bends.

no signal for a bit in an area where otherwise signal normally ok

I would do the two-wheel-press-reboot when that sort of thing happens, to reset the "console"

In particular after a new version installs (even though, presumably, it reboots then anyway ... plenty of anecdotal that some short while after an update then a fresh reboot helps cure collateral-snags. I can't figure out a reason why Update's Reboot also needs a Manual Reboot, but anecdotal says it does ...)