Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Not Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my Model 3 on Saturday. Before I drove off Tesla told me I needed about 100 miles to calibrate the cameras before EAP would work. No problem. So I drove off, but thought it was weird that no cars were showing up in front of me or next to me. A little weird, but figured that was it's learning phase. At about 60 miles, still Saturday, I got the icons for cruise control and EAP. Cars showed up and lane lines. Worked great! Worked fine yesterday too for my two small trips out. I'm now over 100 miles. Took my car to work this morning, and made a phone call. Hopped on the highway and noticed that both Cruise Control and EAP wasn't available. No cars or lane markings. I tried a double click wheel reset (first one took a long time to reset with the T logo), second one was a quick one. No luck. Got to work and called Tesla, and after a long wait time, the person I spoke with said my CC was disabled. He suggested I power reset (use the car menu, security (i think), and power off), wait 3 minutes and boot it up. I haven't retested yet, but am about to head to lunch for a retest.

I know I'm an early adopter, and it can be fixed OTA, but c'mon.

After sitting the rest of the day in the parking lot, about 3 hours I came back and it worked! I read somewhere else that it could be Frunk related, so before I got in I opened and re-closed my Frunk, tightly.

I kinda wish there was an option to temporarily disable TACC and default to a plain old "dumb" cruise control for when issues like this pop up. It could also be useful if a driver gets sick of the excessive phantom braking described by the recent IIHS test.

That said, I understand that there are probably safety/liability reasons for not allowing this since drivers might forget that TACC is disabled and end up crashing into a car in front of them. :-\

Reactions: JQS3
This happened to me in late May on the return leg of a family trip. Pulled over and called Roadside and they talked me through a computer reset, which didn't solve the issue. They said they would have a tech look at it remotely, and functionality was restored the next day. But for the whole 3 hour trip home I had to manipulate the steering and speed with manual controls like an animal. :p

• Funny
Reactions: JQS3 and favo
I had a similar experience. We took delivery in mid July and even after 300 miles of drive our EAP never got activated. So I first called Tesla national service line and they logged a ticket but never sent anybody or diagnosed the issue. So, couple of days later I called Cleveland SC (since we live in MI). After making couple of calls [they were very friendly by the way] they decided to send a mobile unit to our home as remote software fix was not working. The root cause was that, Radar was not calibrated and they need to do it physically. Local mobile unit rep Garret visited our home and it took 30 minutes to fix it. He even gave his mobile number to call him directly if we run into any issues. On the overall, I really liked their very professional & friendly service - even though first 10 days were annoying due to lack of EAP.

Mine did the same thing a while back, I had no EAP no cruise and a few other things, all related to what they called the convenience features I think it was. When I called into support they said something had not booted up correctly. They told me to power off the car and let it go into a sleep state and reboot. They said the steering wheel reboot will not fix this.

I put it to sleep and left it for a while and when I came back all was good.