Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did an ACH to GDAX two weeks ago, which took a lot longer than I had expected. In the interim, I watched everything go up, up, up. By the time it finally cleared, the prices were way above where I wanted to jump in a week earlier. So I could either miss buying on the way up, or regret buying at these ATHs. So I decided to wait it out. Glad I did -- I'd be down >30% if I bought then.

Reactions: dhanson865
I have been holding myself down so I do not try and market time. But it is tough when you see a somewhat regular pattern of 10/15% drops followed by the same increase.

So I bought and hodle<----not sure if that is the right reddit reference or not!

Reactions: Bebop
It is not for the faint of heart. You hear stories of people mortgaging their house to jump in.

Those people are crazy. I am playing with less than 1% of my overall portfolio, so I can just watch when these things happen. (Although I am still up overall)

I bought ETH at the ATH of $479 and then watched it drop and sit lower for quite a while before starting the climb to $1000. It is just a very volatile market.

Just to throw in my 2 digital cents -- I looked into Bitcoin trading and blockchain participation. Bitcoin trading is a total gamble. Blockchain, less so, but I think the time to get into that was several years ago, not today. I think that bus already left town. Plus it's a giant waste of energy (electricity). Meanwhile, the whole thing seems a little shady, with talk of it being popular for illegal activities, so I decided to stay out of it.

That said, best of luck to any of you investing in it. I'm sure some folks got rich on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann Koeber
Yeah I never understood people trying to day trade with crypto.

It's best as a long term investment hold than to try to buy dips, sell high, buy at correction, etc etc.

I was able to snag up some more of my main coin at such a cheap price. Big "sale" happening now. There is a history of Mid January dipping real hard in past years in the overall market.

IMG_1057.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yeah I never understood people trying to day trade with crypto.

It's best as a long term investment hold than to try to buy dips, sell high, buy at correction, etc etc.

I was able to snag up some more of my main coin at such a cheap price. Big "sale" happening now. There is a history of Mid January dipping real hard in past years in the overall market.

View attachment 273796

You just have to hope it doesn't follow the trend of Jan 2014.

Hard to know when the low has been hit...it's all still in free fall.
So I was happy when I was way up...and I'm still happy now that I am up a lot less!

I know some people must be pulling their hair out.