TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Crystalline Tint

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ejunk, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ejunk

ejunk Member

Does anyone have crystalline tint? Does it really block at least up to 90% of the heat? If you’re in the Bay Area, which shop did you use to get your windows tinted and how much did it cost you?

2. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

Ejunk,

The stat you have of 90% heat blockage is incorrect. Crystalline's 40% vlt film has a TSER (total solar heat rejection) of 60%.

We are a Spectra Photosync dealer. Spectra Photosync at 35% vlt has a TSER of up to 79%. We have meters that can verify the performance difference between the two films, and you can also feel the difference for yourself.

We've used Crystalline before, and no doubt Photosync have better performance stats. Let us know if you'd like to come by to check it out.

3. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

Here's some pics of one we completed this week 0.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg .

4. AllThingsFasT

AllThingsFasT Member

I almost chimed in before I saw Premier already responded! Photosync seems to be the way to go! If you're a spec guy, the numbers don't lie and on the aesthetic side, Photosync looks WAY better than Crystalline IMHO :D

• Like x 1
  5. markn455

markn455 Member

Photosync based on the specs is better. I have always used Crystaline on all my cars. Almost went with Photosync last time around until I saw the price. Even with the better specs, I am not sure for me it would be worth the price difference. What do you think?