Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT CHEAPR rebate question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone purchased a car and used the CHEAPR rebate?

It was that it's eligible on cars below $50k. The AWD Long range dual motor I'm going to buy is $49,900. But if I change a color or add sport wheels it goes over $50k.

The local Tesla dealer says it's still eligible, even if the options bring it over $50k, but I'm paranoid on missing out on $2 grand.

Anyone else have experience with this?

As long as the base price is under $50k you're good. Options are fine on top. Cheapr only applies for cars bought in Connecticut, but as there are no Tesla dealers in CT, there's a special instruction that Tesla dealers can process it out of state. The Tesla dealer in Mt Kisco NY knew all about the program. They log in and process the rebate directly on the site when you colkect your car. A check or direct deposit of $2k should hit your account about 10 days after - there's $860k left right now!

I live in CT and bought in NY and qualified at my purchase price. I do believe the car has to be under $50K so you should definitely do some more research. Received my money via direct deposit in about 3 weeks so you know.

Thanks, everyone, for your help and advice.

I ordered a car from a NY dealer. And I actually got a hold of someone from the CHEAPR program and it's OK if options take it over $50k. So I should be good since the car's actual price if $49,900 and all the taxes, options, tc take it above that.