Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT FSD price gaurantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the precedent in Tesla history is the recent price hikes of contract holding solar roof customers. So i wouldnt call it totally unwarranted.
So someone has had to pay more than they agreed to pay after Tesla installed their solar? I haven't heard of this happening. I did hear about the price rise, but Tesla prices change all the time.

I haven't heard anyone complain that they signed off on work at one price and after the work was completed it was a bunch more. How would you get a bank to loan you money to install solar if they don't know what the price is?

Reactions: mark95476
Attemping to shoot down my tread just by claiming "FUD" is not how it works, it does require that you actually make a counter argument before you attempt to draw the "FUD" card.
That being said, people usually have to have either a very emotionally positive or negative experience before they go out of their way to create an account and post something that bothers them. I am personally a Tesla share holder, so obviously I am rooting for Tesla. That does however not mean that I am okay with everything Tesla does. In fact this post is rather to raise awareness of Tesla's wrongdoings, so they don't end up betraying a lot off a lot of their loyal supporters, by screwing them over. My post is to encourage that Tesla stick to their contracts they engage in, that includes a locked FSD price for peoples CT preorders as well as those solar roof contracts.
And you are wrong again about CT preorderes in Europe. Here's in Denmark you can easily make a preorder, I would suggest you do a bit of homework before you decide to make a post trying to miscredit me.
Just because you can order doesn't mean it'll get to you anytime soon. Like others have said the Y isn't even over there yet. CT is gonna be a LONG wait. Heck the US will probably see it later than planned.

...after Tesla installed their solar?...

No. In this thread, we talk about the reservation holders, the deposits. After a deposit, does that guarantee that Tesla won't increase prices in the future?

For Tesla cars, we don't get a car unless we pay for the car even if it's an increased price. Similarly, Tesla doesn't install solar until the new increased price is paid.

There are 2 issues in this thread:

1) There's the belief that it might be true for solar but never happened in the past for Tesla cars.

2) What threw people off is they thought a gentleman's handshake, a verbal assurance, a website citing the guaranteed CyberTruck FSD price... is enough to prevent Tesla from increasing the price when it's time for delivery.

At this point why pay 10k for it if you can rent it for 200 bucks per month. You are most likely only going to use it on longer trips anyway. I reserved with FSD on order day when it was 7k. If I can get it at the price point I'll probably stick with it--maybe. At 10k I'll probably pay the rental price for when I'm going on long trips. I'll have to think about it, especially since FSD is beta at best.

For me, if a company is using words like, order and buy. Then whatever the prices are when you do that, should be what's honored. This isn't a kickstarter campaign.

Only time will tell though i suppose.

At this point why pay 10k for it if you can rent it for 200 bucks per month. You are most likely only going to use it on longer trips anyway. I reserved with FSD on order day when it was 7k. If I can get it at the price point I'll probably stick with it--maybe. At 10k I'll probably pay the rental price for when I'm going on long trips. I'll have to think about it, especially since FSD is beta at best.
I agree. If the day 1 fsd price isnt honored in my order, i will probably do the subscription like one month a year. Or maybe just like the summer lol