Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT FSD price gaurantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote Tesla to ask them to confirm that the FSD price was locked to the time i made my CT pre-order, Tesla flat out refused to do so.
The preorder for the Cybertruck does intentionally not confirm a locked price on FSD, that is why the receipt you get after making the preorder, does not mention anything about the FSD price, despite the FSD price oddly enough being mentioned on their webpage when you place your pre-order. This is not a whoopsie from Tesla's side, this is to enable them to hike the price to whatever they feel like at a later point once CT is ready to ship out. Just look what happened to the people who preordered the solar rooftops, unlike your CT pre-order, the colar roof contracts had even prices written down and signed off, and Tesla still bailed on it, because they have it in the contract that they can change the price to whatever they feel like it. And to bully people to accepting the price hike, they even mentioned that the customer needs to agree fast to the new price, otherwise they will be left further back in the que.

How do you guys feel about this?

They are demonstrably wrong if they were implying that FSD price cannot be locked at ordering time. They may be correct that your specific order does not have the price locked.

The order form today on tesla.com/cybertruck explicitly says the FSD price is locked in....*if* you select it at order time.. Check for yourself below. Did you press the "+" to your order when you ordered (and honestly why wouldn't you since you can change and remove it at configuration time)?

1618320605881.png

Reactions: UCF3 and MGMDaware
I wrote Tesla to ask them to confirm that the FSD price was locked to the time i made my CT pre-order, Tesla flat out refused to do so.
The preorder for the Cybertruck does intentionally not confirm a locked price on FSD, that is why the receipt you get after making the preorder, does not mention anything about the FSD price, despite the FSD price oddly enough being mentioned on their webpage when you place your pre-order. This is not a whoopsie from Tesla's side, this is to enable them to hike the price to whatever they feel like at a later point once CT is ready to ship out. Just look what happened to the people who preordered the solar rooftops, unlike your CT pre-order, the colar roof contracts had even prices written down and signed off, and Tesla still bailed on it, because they have it in the contract that they can change the price to whatever they feel like it. And to bully people to accepting the price hike, they even mentioned that the customer needs to agree fast to the new price, otherwise they will be left further back in the que.

Why would anybody sign up for FSD to pay for something that doesn’t exist, won’t transfer and will never work?

...unlike your CT pre-order, the colar roof contracts had even prices written down and signed off, and Tesla still bailed on it, because they have it in the contract that they can change the price to whatever they feel like it. And to bully people to accepting the price hike, they even mentioned that the customer needs to agree fast to the new price, otherwise they will be left further back in the que....

You got a good point that if they could do an increase on Solar Roof already after they sent them written prices, why won't they do the same with CyberTruck FSD when they didn't send us the receipt of the written price.

It's a demand and supply at play right now. We need a worthy competitor in order to discourage Tesla from the current practice.

I am not a lawyer but since we didn't pay for a product fully to seal in the deal, the worst punishment Tesla could get is it would lose those customers who refuse to pay an increased price.

The talk (the promise, assurance, description...) is nice but the legal implications might not be favorable for reservation holders.

Last edited:
Sounds like FUD. First post (generally always a complaint) and from "Europe"? :rolleyes:

Is the CT even available to pre-order in Europe? MY has been in production for more than a year and it's still not available in Europe.

CT won't be available for a while so there's a lot of FUD to spin on TMC.

Sounds like FUD. First post (generally always a complaint) and from "Europe"? :rolleyes:

Is the CT even available to pre-order in Europe? MY has been in production for more than a year and it's still not available in Europe.

Attemping to shoot down my tread just by claiming "FUD" is not how it works, it does require that you actually make a counter argument before you attempt to draw the "FUD" card.
That being said, people usually have to have either a very emotionally positive or negative experience before they go out of their way to create an account and post something that bothers them. I am personally a Tesla share holder, so obviously I am rooting for Tesla. That does however not mean that I am okay with everything Tesla does. In fact this post is rather to raise awareness of Tesla's wrongdoings, so they don't end up betraying a lot off a lot of their loyal supporters, by screwing them over. My post is to encourage that Tesla stick to their contracts they engage in, that includes a locked FSD price for peoples CT preorders as well as those solar roof contracts.
And you are wrong again about CT preorderes in Europe. Here's in Denmark you can easily make a preorder, I would suggest you do a bit of homework before you decide to make a post trying to miscredit me.

Why should Tesla lock themselves into a price now for FSD for a vehicle that's not being sold or even produced yet?
Why even bring up the FSD price in the pre ordering process page, if we cannot rely on that price to begin with? They don't even bother putting a disclaimer in there mentioning that the price will likely increase with time before ones order will actually be processed. It's very misleading and will hurt Tesla's brand if they screw over the CT preorder owners, like they did with the solar roof contract orders who have been waiting in line for years to receive the product they signed up for, waiting forever only to find out they are being screwed over and bullied into accepting the new huge price change.

No matter how you twist it, it's not good practise by Tesla.

Reactions: TechOps
This is definitely FUD. Lots of loaded words like betrayed, misleading, wrongdoing, screwing, bullied....

Austin is still under construction and there have been exactly 0 Cybertruck deliveries. Tesla hasn't increased the FSD reserve price on anyone.

I get it's the internet age and it's probably your job to spin FUD on TMC and other forums, but you really should try to do better. European CT deliveries are waaayy out so you can milk this for years.

Attemping to shoot down my tread just by claiming "FUD" is not how it works, it does require that you actually make a counter argument before you attempt to draw the "FUD" card.
That being said, people usually have to have either a very emotionally positive or negative experience before they go out of their way to create an account and post something that bothers them. I am personally a Tesla share holder, so obviously I am rooting for Tesla. That does however not mean that I am okay with everything Tesla does. In fact this post is rather to raise awareness of Tesla's wrongdoings, so they don't end up betraying a lot off a lot of their loyal supporters, by screwing them over. My post is to encourage that Tesla stick to their contracts they engage in, that includes a locked FSD price for peoples CT preorders as well as those solar roof contracts.
And you are wrong again about CT preorderes in Europe. Here's in Denmark you can easily make a preorder, I would suggest you do a bit of homework before you decide to make a post trying to miscredit me.
Why even bring up the FSD price in the pre ordering process page, if we cannot rely on that price to begin with? They don't even bother putting a disclaimer in there mentioning that the price will likely increase with time before ones order will actually be processed. It's very misleading and will hurt Tesla's brand if they screw over the CT preorder owners, like they did with the solar roof contract orders who have been waiting in line for years to receive the product they signed up for, waiting forever only to find out they are being screwed over and bullied into accepting the new huge price change.

No matter how you twist it, it's not good practise by Tesla.

You're complaining about a what if scenario that has no precedent in Tesla history.
Wrong, I guess you aren't following the Tesla news, nor read my post fully, before you decided it would be a good idea to state an oninformed opinion about this matter. But lets clarify where you are wrong. Tesla just hiked the prices on solar roof, despite contract with prices and every had already been signed off. So yeah, there are definitely precedence for my worries.

Reactions: TechOps
This is definitely FUD. Lots of loaded words like betrayed, misleading, wrongdoing, screwing, bullied....

Austin is still under construction and there have been exactly 0 Cybertruck deliveries. Tesla hasn't increased the FSD reserve price on anyone.

I get it's the internet age and it's probably your job to spin FUD on TMC and other forums, but you really should try to do better. European CT deliveries are waaayy out so you can milk this for years.

I like how you conveniently ignored how i proved you wrong with pre order on CT being possible in Europe. If I am only here to spread FUD, then you are only here to defend Tesla no matter how wrong they are.
Given you previous

You're complaining about a what if scenario that has no precedent in Tesla history. You might as well complain about Tesla shipping CT with a riled badger in the frunk waiting to attack. Both complaints are unwarranted and unlikely to happen.
I think the precedent in Tesla history is the recent price hikes of contract holding solar roof customers. So i wouldnt call it totally unwarranted.

FUD... Notice how all of these posters never bring-up any vehicle-specific instances of this happening.

Tesla delivered ~500,000 vehicles last year. Hundreds of thousands more before that. I think there were zero instances of Tesla not abiding by the reserve price or customers not getting the reduced price when it changed before delivery.

You got a good point that if they could do an increase on Solar Roof already after they sent them written prices, why won't they do the same with CyberTruck FSD when they didn't send us the receipt of the written price.

It's a demand and supply at play right now. We need a worthy competitor in order to discourage Tesla from the current practice.

I am not a lawyer but since we didn't pay for a product fully to seal in the deal, the worst punishment Tesla could get is it would lose those customers who refuse to pay an increased price.

The talk (the promise, assurance, description...) is nice but the legal implications might not be favorable for reservation holders.
I think the precedent in Tesla history is the recent price hikes of contract holding solar roof customers. So i wouldnt call it totally unwarranted.
Wrong, I guess you aren't following the Tesla news, nor read my post fully, before you decided it would be a good idea to state an oninformed opinion about this matter. But lets clarify where you are wrong. Tesla just hiked the prices on solar roof, despite contract with prices and every had already been signed off. So yeah, there are definitely precedence for my worries.

FUD... Notice how all of these posters never bring-up any vehicle-specific instances of this happening.

Tesla delivered ~500,000 vehicles last year. Hundreds of thousands more before that. I think there were zero instances of Tesla not abiding by the reserve price or customers not getting the reduced price when it changed before delivery.

Please go to Tesla's own website: Not honoring its price is Tesla's first name, Tesla's expertise for all these years and this is not the first time:

"Tesla not honoring the purchase contract.​

A day before the model S refresh was announced, I called to find out about ordering a new Model S and specifically asked if the price online would be honored if I paid the $100 non-refundable deposit. I was told that it would be.
I am a loyal Tesla owner with 2 cars, a solar system, and Tesla insurance, and wanted to trade my current 2016 Model S for a new 2021 Model S.
After completing the online purchase agreement and paying the $100 non-refundable deposit, I have a reservation number, a purchase price of $69420, and a delivery estimate of 8 to 12 weeks.
When I called today to enquire about the delivery, I was told that Tesla will no longer honor the price in the contract and that it is now $10,000 more because they have refreshed the Model S.
After arguing with the sales rep, I was told I could have my "nonrefundable" deposit returned or pay the new higher price. After I demanded that they honored the contract, I was later offered a $2000 discount off the new $10000 higher price.
I think that this was false advertising at a minimum and possibly illegal, and I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and if so, could there be a lawsuit or class action.
As they must have known the day before the refresh (the day I placed the order on the Tesla Website) that they would not deliver a vehicle as advertised, they should be held to the price they quoted even if there is any enhancement made."

----------

Bought CPO Model S yesterday and now Tesla says they made a mistake and will not honor the Price

Hello All!!

After a long time (years) I am ready to buy my first Tesla and after going to and fro between the Model 3 and Model S, I decided to buy a CPO Model S. I have been looking for around 6 months now and finally, yesterday, I found the car I wanted and immediately ordered it. I go the the order confirmation showing the price it was advertised at and I was looking forward to driving the car.
This morning I received the call from the sales guy and and we went over everything and decided the delivery location (the car is in NY and I live in LA). I agreed to pay the cost and I am waiting for the next steps. I just got another call from my sales guys informing me that they made a mistake in pricing the car and that the car now is $13,400 more than it was advertised at. He is asking me to pay the new price or buy a different car and the only thing that he can do for me is that he will waive the shipping charge.

I was and am "speechless".
I can't believe this, how can they go back on their word?
They took my deposit and after my we settled everything with the sales guy, they want to cancel my order.

Has this happened to anyone?
What re-course do I have?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

A very sad would-be-now-maybe-Tesla owner.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Yeah, right... :rolleyes:

You have many people on TMC waiting for the new 2021 Model S, updating things daily, and nobody has posted a single VIN.

The previous model was discontinued and they stopped manufacturing them. You can't buy something they don't have.

You guy are really stretching with the FUD.

A day before the model S refresh was announced, I called to find out about ordering a new Model S and specifically asked if the price online would be honored if I paid the $100 non-refundable deposit. I was told that it would be.
I am a loyal Tesla owner with 2 cars, a solar system, and Tesla insurance, and wanted to trade my current 2016 Model S for a new 2021 Model S.

You have many people on TMC waiting for the new 2021 Model S, updating things daily, and nobody has posted a single VIN.

This has been how it works in Tesla since I've made a reservation in July, 2012: Tesla has never assigned a single VIN to any new car reservation.

Not for my 2012 Model S

Not for my 2017 Model X

Not for my 2018 Model 3

and....

Not for my 2021 CyberTruck.

Zero. No VIN!