Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT had better not beep at me when door is open & seatbelt not clicked in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use a truck for things like gathering firewood and hauling hay for horses.

THE MOST ANNOYING THING would be if the Cybertruck beeps at you for driving with the door slightly open, or the seatbelt not engaged. Sometimes you need to repeatedly get in/out of the seat, and the seatbelt is unnecessary when going around a hayfield at 2mph picking up 50-pound bales.

If those settings aren't changeable, I'm going to have a big problem with the CT. All modern vehicles, it seems, have those annoying features.

Anybody know if you can turn off those beeps on a Tesla S/3/Y today?

Also, a "crawl" or "tractor mode" would be awesome -- the truck just goes at 1-2mph. Really helpful for picking up things as you go around a pasture.

I would bet if you Tweet Musk to put in a "Farm Mode" that disabled all these features... they'll probably do it.

when backing up a trailer, my X constantly slams in park when i lift my rear off the seat to turn 180 to maneuver. it's infuriating. i miss my 09 Tahoe. trailer mode or off road mode needs to kill these nannies that make my life frustrating.

Seems low chance tesla would add code to ignore safety features.
But if you really need to do it, it should be trivial to trick the cybertruck.
You would need something to simulate the door latch and a seat belt alarm bypass device (they sell them really cheap). If they also use the seat weight sensor you can just put some weights on the seat, but I believe they don’t use that after the seatbelt buckle is clipped in.
Also existing models have creep mode if you want it to roll forwards but not sure how fast you’d end up going in a field, should test that out with somebody in the driver seat first.

Ever since that celebrity ran themselves over with their jeep in reverse, no Chrysler product I’m aware of has allowed the vehicle to move with a door open. Really infuriating in my RAM 1500 when I’m just trying to back up one more inch to get the trailer ball aligned and it shifts itself into park immediately and beeps. I guess if there’s a chance it saves a non-celebrity’s life in a brief senior moment, I can live with shutting the door. But I don’t have to like it!

Reactions: rhumbliner
Ever since that celebrity ran themselves over with their jeep in reverse, no Chrysler product I’m aware of has allowed the vehicle to move with a door open. Really infuriating in my RAM 1500 when I’m just trying to back up one more inch to get the trailer ball aligned and it shifts itself into park immediately and beeps. I guess if there’s a chance it saves a non-celebrity’s life in a brief senior moment, I can live with shutting the door. But I don’t have to like it!
I think a backup camera is the best solution, beyond mirrors

They FOR SURE will not let you do that, tesla is all about the nanny state safety systems, drives me bonkers.

MAYBE if you twitter Elon enough it could be added as an update that you have to go through a bunch of windows like ludacris mode.

HOPEFULLY a 3rd party company will develop this but that is at least 3-4 years after its out. It took 3+ years of the M3 being out for a company to get into the software and enable and disable stuff.

They FOR SURE will not let you do that, tesla is all about the nanny state safety systems, drives me bonkers.

MAYBE if you twitter Elon enough it could be added as an update that you have to go through a bunch of windows like ludacris mode.

HOPEFULLY a 3rd party company will develop this but that is at least 3-4 years after its out. It took 3+ years of the M3 being out for a company to get into the software and enable and disable stuff.
Hmm. I find Tesla to be one of the better ones when it comes to nannying. I can be driving down my driveway and change driver presets which adjusts the seats, mirrors, and steering wheel. I can also enter and adjust the navigation while driving. Every other car I have been in makes you be stopped and in Park to do that. We had a Maxima rental car in the Bay Area a while back and were stuck in traffic. My wife was in the passenger seat and was trying to get the car to re-route but it wouldn't because we were moving (barely). Also most of cars make you click through all of those screens EVERY TIME YOU TURN ON THE CAR. My friend's BMW and my parent's VW has those stupid "watch out" messages on the screen when you put the car in R.

Some people have reverse-engineered Tesla software but it is a PITA. Plus Tesla can usually tell and you risk losing access to the SC network. Same as owning an iPhone or John Deere tractor. It's not really yours, you're just using it as long as they let you....