Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT had better not beep at me when door is open & seatbelt not clicked in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use a truck for things like gathering firewood and hauling hay for horses.

THE MOST ANNOYING THING would be if the Cybertruck beeps at you for driving with the door slightly open, or the seatbelt not engaged. Sometimes you need to repeatedly get in/out of the seat, and the seatbelt is unnecessary when going around a hayfield at 2mph picking up 50-pound bales.

If those settings aren't changeable, I'm going to have a big problem with the CT. All modern vehicles, it seems, have those annoying features.

Anybody know if you can turn off those beeps on a Tesla S/3/Y today?

Also, a "crawl" or "tractor mode" would be awesome -- the truck just goes at 1-2mph. Really helpful for picking up things as you go around a pasture.

I use a truck for things like gathering firewood and hauling hay for horses.

THE MOST ANNOYING THING would be if the Cybertruck beeps at you for driving with the door slightly open, or the seatbelt not engaged. Sometimes you need to repeatedly get in/out of the seat, and the seatbelt is unnecessary when going around a hayfield at 2mph picking up 50-pound bales.

If those settings aren't changeable, I'm going to have a big problem with the CT. All modern vehicles, it seems, have those annoying features.

Anybody know if you can turn off those beeps on a Tesla S/3/Y today?

Also, a "crawl" or "tractor mode" would be awesome -- the truck just goes at 1-2mph. Really helpful for picking up things as you go around a pasture.
Yep both our model s and 3 if you won’t let you go with the door open. I agree in a truck would be nice to have a low speed override but I’m betting that won’t happen.

Reactions: neutrino
I can roll my 2012 Model S backwards down the driveway with the door open and seat-belt off with no complaints.
When I try to do the same with wife's model 3, it screams at me and lurches to an abrupt stop. I must be stupid, because I fall for it EVERY SINGLE TIME. And since I don't have my seat-belt on, that lurch is painful!

i'm all for nanny-mode defaults, but for the love of Elon, put an override in there with a nasty disclaimer! Or how about a cheat code? Elon likes games, so why not put some cheat codes in there, you know, like left, left, right, right, left ... lol

Reactions: neutrino
I agree, but not just cyber truck all cars should let you do this.

Sometimes I want to position the car with near millimeter level accuracy. Have to get in and out of the car 10 times to see precisely where I'm at. And each time I move the car an inch or less. In other cars I would have the door open and one foot out on the ground to make it much easier to feel the half-inch movements. I was really frustrated in the first time I tried to do this in my model 3 and found out it was impossible.

In my way younger days I would help my buddy's dad load hay onto a trailer. This guy would put his Dodge pickup in first gear jump out and help load the trailer. We would just walk along with the trailer moving slowly and throw the hay onto the trailer.
I've totally done that with a friend's diesel pickup in LOW four-wheel drive -- it's like an ICE "tractor mode" :)

I would have no problem signing a lengthy hold harmless agreement that says "I AM NOT AN IDIOT AND WILL NOT SUE ELON FOR REMOVING NANNY FEATURES WHEN IT'S MY OWN DAMN FAULT"

Reactions: Hank42
I'll have to double check, but I think our F-150 stops nagging about the door when you start moving, and doesn't nag about belts until you hit 15mph. Having an I am doing stuff mode, or at least recognize when certain conditions are met then leave the driver alone for a bit.

Imagine a smart guy will be able to McGuyver his way around an annoying beeper.

They can be unplugged, taped over, routed around etc.

Forget about the beep, my M3 STOPS THE CAR in a jarring manner to "prevent it from rolling away". It thinks that the driver is not ready unless his/her belt is clicked. I suppose keeping the belt "clicked" is one way around it, but it's silly to spend all that money to have to defeat it.

Wow, I didn't realize they cranked up the nanny features in 3/Y. I have moved my MS with the door open. It beeps at you but lets you do it.

At the end of the day, I think all recent vehicles beep at you if you drive with doors or hatches open. My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee will beep if I try to drive with the rear hatch or rear glass open. But it only beeps once, unless I stop, then it beeps once more when I start to move again.

In my experience, Tesla has the fewest nanny systems. It will let you change driver profiles while moving, mess with the navigation while moving, etc. The various rentals cars I've had over the years make you pull over to use navigation, which is super dangerous!

But at the end of the day we just don't know. But I hope it goes more S/X and not 3/Y.