Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT Model 3 loans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did a quick calculation it appears that putting down the additional money to get the amount financed for my configuration would save me approximately $1700 in interest over the life of the loan (48 months). The question then is the extra money you put down worth it. Can I make more money say putting that additional downpayment in an index fund instead. My thinking is yes as it would only require the money to make a return of ~2.5% a year.

Will revisit though when I apply for a loan when I'm configuring.

Just did a quick calculation it appears that putting down the additional money to get the amount financed for my configuration would save me approximately $1700 in interest over the life of the loan (48 months). The question then is the extra money you put down worth it. Can I make more money say putting that additional downpayment in an index fund instead. My thinking is yes as it would only require the money to make a return of ~2.5% a year.

Will revisit though when I apply for a loan when I'm configuring.
Hell you could but the money in a long term CD and get that too if you wanted to play it really safe. Especially with rates rising.

Reactions: SureValla