Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT needs electrically defogged windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just they Cybertruck, but all Tesla cars. It's vastly inefficient to heat and dry air to defog the windshield. I test drove a VW e-golf and it had micro wires in the windshield to heat and defog the windshield without using hot air. Much more efficient, plus you can then direct warm air to the passenger compartment instead of to the front glass.

Be aware that those 'microwires' will cause a rainbow effect under certain conditions. A good % of owners who have this option don't like it. But they work great to remove light frost or moisture quicker than any other method. They don't bug me, and IMO it should be available on all cars, but not mandatory.

I imagine that you're right about that. In the jet that I fly the electric window heat isn't visible and is capable of making the windows almost too hot to touch. I joking call the window heat 'high' temp switch the "window self destruct" switch because on the two occasions where it was necessary to use it one of the cockpit windows shattered as a result.

I think when it is cold enough outside for frost to form the best place to have air go is up to the windows, just like in a house. You warm the coldest part, and where the energy loss is greatest.
But I can see the benefit in having microwires do it/ So many people are incapable of understanding how to best defog their windshield.