Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT rebate - upcoming changes to CHEAPR

paulk

Jan 26, 2019
hartford, ct
This doesn’t apply for a Tesla, since you can’t buy a new Tesla in CT. To use the CHEAPR rebate the car has to be purchased from a CT franchised car dealership.

mreynolds767

Jul 11, 2019
Boston
This doesn’t apply for a Tesla, since you can’t buy a new Tesla in CT. To use the CHEAPR rebate the car has to be purchased from a CT franchised car dealership.

Link clearly allows for Tesla if you read it
They make an exception for online direct car companies
The new lower limit specifically limits to the SR and SR+

paulk

Jan 26, 2019
hartford, ct
I missed that! I had gotten that rebate when I had a VW e-golf, but wanted AWD cars for Connecticut winter. Now I have a 3 and an S, but I guess they’re priced out.

The RWD 3 might be okay in the snow if you use snow tires and go slow, stay off the roads on the really bad days.

mreynolds767

Jul 11, 2019
Boston
If that is the only concern with snow tires you will be fine, likely never need to stay home
The traction control is great and a RWD with snow tires should be as good as the AWD with all seasons
I doubt many CT awd owners will be putting snow tires on

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC