Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CTV Calgary and CTV National piece on Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just completed a 1.5 hr interview with CTV Calgary talking about the Tesla Model S. CTV National showed up as well.
CTV Calgary will be airing the piece tonight, Tuesday June 11th, during the 6:00 pm broadcast.
CTV National said they'd contact me before airing their piece.

Tried my best to keep my talking points focused on the practicality, performance, style, technology, total cost of ownership etc... instead of focusing on than the altruistic benefits.
A big thank you all the forum members on here that have helped me make my Tesla talking points clear and concise.

Gives some good insight into the news process as well: 1.5-hour interview cut down to less than 5 minutes of footage. :scared:

That's pretty typical, from what I have seen.

No wonder they can spin news any way they want!

Almost all of the "bad news" I've seen from local news outlets has been due to neglect or ignorance, not malice.

Gives some good insight into the news process as well: 1.5-hour interview cut down to less than 5 minutes of footage. :scared:

No wonder they can spin news any way they want!
That reminds me of something I noticed. They way they edited the "I just plug it in" comments back to back had a twinge of "wow, seems like you gotta be self-nagging to constantly plug in" to it. No idea if it was intentional on their part or not. I read your intent to be describing the "plug it in nightly like your cell phone, no 'station' hassles to deal with" but the editing gave a different impression.

Malice isn't really the right word. However, there is definitely a tendency in media to make a story say what you want it to say, which may or may not be accurate. Neglect and/or ignorance can account for a lot of this, but not all.
Have you ever written an e-mail with a premise and by the time you reach the end of it you haven't supported your premise? For many in the media, they seem to click "publish" without a second thought.

Thanks for spreading more of the Tesla word, Grassy!

Out of curiosity, what figure did you give them for range? They mention 350km, but even at standard charge, the S does 370km+ on the 85kWh battery, not to mention 430km+ in range mode.

430km+ ? Mine tops out @ 424km. I always use the figure of 400km, and tell people less if you like to drive fast (120km/h) and less in winter...