Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cues while Autopilot/FSD on and MCU restarting?

Jun 27, 2020
Euless, TX
I encountered an interesting edge case yesterday that isn’t covered in the manual.

I had to restart the MCU while I was driving because the FSD visualization was stuck on the “Confirm lane change” prompt. (I suppose I could have disabled and then re-enabled the feature in Settings, but that wasn’t where my mind went to first.) As I expected, AP/AS continued to function while the MCU restarted.

What I didn’t expect (and found VERY awesome) is that the RTOS (real-time operating system) controlling FSD features beeped at me to, I think, confirm a lane change. It sounded different, almost like an 8-bit version of the tone while MCU is on.

This isn’t described in the manual. As such, It’s gotten me to thinking: is there a guide on the “beep codes” coming from the rtos that I should know if I’m ever in this situation again?

Do any of y’all know?

Thanks in advance!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC